Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

11-18 Wiper delete 3D Plug/Grommet Install! by HBST51

Ok, so this is the 'HOW-TO'' I promised everyone that has purchased a kit. Thank you for the support and comments, this is a super easy install and will take about 45 minutes maybe an hour. If you are seeing this for the first time this kit is available to purchase in the 'For Sale'' tab in the forum and is a staggering $15.....Lol! If you have any questions please feel free to email me and I will get back to you fairly quickly. So for the install

You will need the following tools- Phillips head screwdriver/ 8mm Socket and wrench/ Body panel remover/ or a flat head screwdriver *I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST THIS*/ Bag for spare parts.
IMG_4502.jpg
Lift The cover on the rear wiper and remove the nut, Sorry I didn't include the socket size for this oe in the previous picture . Its a 1/2 Socket IMG_4515.jpg
The threads are tough, wiggle it a little and it should pop off with ease. Be careful not to strip the threads.
IMG_4517.jpg
Inside the rear hatch panel is a hand hold. You will find one (1) Phillips head screw in here, you need to remove that.
IMG_4505.jpg
IMG_4503.jpg
There is also one (1) Phillips head screw in this hole you need to remove on each side of the rear hatch.
IMG_4506.jpg
After removing the Phillips head screw, use a body panel remover to gently pry the plastic from the hatch. Its held on by two metal push tabs.
IMG_4507.jpg
Once removed this is what you have. Lay them to the side.
IMG_4508.jpg
Next you will be removing the back hatch panel, start at this point. I found it to the the easiest to get it started. Its only held on by the metal clips at this point, so pry downward and they will pop off. Patients is key here. And it will keep you from screwing up any of the metal clips. Be forceful but be gentle also.....Lol!
IMG_4509.jpg
IMG_4510.jpg
As you can see, all the metal clips are in tack and non damaged.
IMG_4512.jpg
Next step is to remove this plug, this is what operates the rear wiper. YOU WILL NOTY GET ANY CODES REMOVING THIS PLUG!
IMG_4518.jpg
IMG_4519.jpg
I used a existing clip to reattach it. it simply clips into this plastic retainer. It's almost like it's meant to be there. Good Call Ford!
IMG_4520.jpg
Pay close attention here: You have to remove the bolts on the bracket holding the motor, The otter bolts are what you want to remove here. Not the larger bolts on the motor/black plastic. These are the 8mm bolts.
IMG_4513.jpg
After removing the motor, remove these three (3) clips so they won't get lost, or worse they fall off and rattle.
IMG_4528.jpg
After you remove the motor, the rubber grommet will be left. Remove that.....
IMG_4521.jpg
After you remove the wiper grommet, you will have a hole. There is a lot of dirt inside here, I used a cotton swap and alcohol and cleaned the inside of the hole.
IMG_4522.jpg
Next step is to insert the rubber grommet from the wiper delete kit. Its best to go in from the outside and work it in. Remember to be patient and it should look like this on both sides. It will fit and its "TIGHT" its that way for a reason. To prevent leaking.
IMG_4524.jpg
After that take the supplied 3D printed plug and insert it into the grommet. This is also a tight fit....
IMG_4525.jpg
After you push the plug in, make sure the last groove on the plug is almost poking out at the bottom. It won't be pushed all the way through, but make sure it looks like the picture.
IMG_4526.jpg
After that your all done and can reassemble the hatch panel.
IMG_4529.jpg
IMG_4530.jpg
After you instal the panel back on don't forget this screw. I did the first time and it rattled. Its best to install the large panel first then snap the small ones back on and screw the Phillips head screws back in..... If you have any questions please PM me and we will get it squared away!

I did it wohoo! But I used the end part of this paint-tape roller and it fit perfect, I just added two pieces of 3m tape to seal an odd spot