Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA: Trico Ultra wiper blades from RockAuto

Hey folks, just an Fyi - I just ordered Trico Ultra replacement blades from Rockauto - that's Trico 13160, 13240 - and they don't come with the required adapters when purchasing from Rockauto.

I called the manufacturer, and was told unless you buy exact fit, all wipers come with adapters. Rockauto (while awesome on all other orders for me) told me they don't come with adapters.

I'm in the process of battling it out with them on principle alone, but just a heads up when ordering from Rockauto. I realize the Motorcraft is also available, but I guess that's what happens when we try to be too "cost conscious"

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hey folks, just an Fyi - I just ordered Trico Ultra replacement blades from Rockauto - that's Trico 13160, 13240 - and they don't come with the required adapters when purchasing from Rockauto.

I called the manufacturer, and was told unless you buy exact fit, all wipers come with adapters. Rockauto (while awesome on all other orders for me) told me they don't come with adapters.

I'm in the process of battling it out with them on principle alone, but just a heads up when ordering from Rockauto. I realize the Motorcraft is also available, but I guess that's what happens when we try to be too "cost conscious"
Huh. I always just bought rain-x wipers out of habit - is there a substantive difference with the trico ones or something, or just inexpensive?

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Just inexpensive and to bundle with maintenance parts I picked up for my other car. I go these folks for just about every Toyota/Lexus maintenance part I need. I saw wiper blades for pretty cheap, you'd think id have learned something over 20 years about seeking too much "cheap" Either way, it doesn't make sense to sell wiper blades without adapters, especially if you're grouping them as a "fit" for the car/platform

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have the same wipers from rockauto, and they did come with the adapter. What did your wipers come with? It would be the adapter that has "BC" on it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

This is why i order Motorcraft from them* Never had a fitment issue

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I've bought trico wipers for two different cars and am really disappointed in the quality of both of them so far. They were streaking within a few months. I can't remember what I had before though, maybe bosch.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I've bought trico wipers for two different cars and am really disappointed in the quality of both of them so far. They were streaking within a few months. I can't remember what I had before though, maybe bosch.
What kind though? They make many different types. From very basic to premium. I buy all my wipers from Rockauto and normally get Trico Neoform, or Ultra.

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
I have the same wipers from rockauto, and they did come with the adapter. What did your wipers come with? It would be the adapter that has "BC" on it.
Partially thanks to your feedback, I re-emailed and got a different response this morning - stating that they would send the correct part and to stand by for tracking. We will see. Once it arrives, I will update here so as to not cause any concern about ordering from them. Thanks everyone, attempting to be cheap lesson 500 learned, just this time it's about wipers ...

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
What kind though? They make many different types. From very basic to premium. I buy all my wipers from Rockauto and normally get Trico Neoform, or Ultra.
It was a middle of the road quality based on the price. I don’t mind them not lasting long, but the performance was weak within a couple months and no extreme weather.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I used to swear by the premium (with a premium price tag as well) PIAA wipers.

But with this car I go exclusively for the direct replacement, exact OEM Motorcraft wiper blades.

They last a long time for me (up to TWO years if I keep up with cleaning them consistently), and have never let me down with streaks/missed areas/ etc.

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
Hey everyone - just a quick update, Rockauto sent a new set of wipers WITH big adapters in the package with "BC" stamped on them. Unfortunately it took a rebuttal of some other rep's claim that they do not come with them. No response to some of my questions, but I guess they detected the questions were more sarcastic I guess, ended with we're sending replacements and you do not need to send the old ones back. Their initial feedback was - the wipers don't come with adapters, YOU have to pay to return them to us.