Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

15x8 wheels for trackdays - options?

TD Pro Race is clearly an option (My street setup is ProRace 1.2 15x8 et35)
I'm looking for options that are still 4x108 bolt pattern, that are hopefully lighter / stronger.

I have no problem getting another TD set (when they are back in stock), just looking to see what are some of the other options in 15x8.

Many thanks.

-- Max

I put an email out to the shop on this forum about when they will be available because the TD 15x8 is about all I can find that fits without going to 4x100 and I'm not looking to get into that. I'm really thinking of just settling for 15x7 w/ Star Spec 205/50/15, but my use case isn't track days and I can be more flexible there. I understand this tire will be better on an 8" rim, but it is sooooo close to the stock measurements that I can't imagine a 7" will harm it.

If you find anything be sure to let us know.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I just went with a 15x7 pro race 1.2. I would have went with 8 inch version but think when looks ugly in a 8

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
I just went with a 15x7 pro race 1.2. I would have went with 8 inch version but think when looks ugly in a 8
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm loving how the 15x8 looks, especially with the 205/50/15 (Advan Neova AD08R).

Making no promises and don't get your hopes up, but I will be talking to 18 Racing about the Rota Sliptreams and the possibility of ordering the 16 x 8 and 15 x 8 in our 4x108 bolt pattern. If they can what I want to propose is a group buy. These guys are real close to me, so I am willing to do what I can to drive this.

More to come by the end of the week.

[/URL][/IMG]

I'm loving how the 15x8 looks, especially with the 205/50/15 (Advan Neova AD08R).
Looks great GoMax! I am convinced that 15 and 16" in 8 width is a very nice sweet spot for the FiST.

BTW, what suspension set-up are you running and what tweaks, if any, did you do with that 15x8?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Making no promises and don't get your hopes up, but I will be talking to 18 Racing about the Rota Sliptreams and the possibility of ordering the 16 x 8 and 15 x 8 in our 4x108 bolt pattern. If they can what I want to propose is a group buy. These guys are real close to me, so I am willing to do what I can to drive this.

Awesome! I'm currently on Kosei k1 16x7.5 but want a 15x8 as well. Rota would be a good choice

OP
G
Thread Starter #10
Looks great GoMax! I am convinced that 15 and 16" in 8 width is a very nice sweet spot for the FiST.

BTW, what suspension set-up are you running and what tweaks, if any, did you do with that 15x8?
I'm currently on stock suspension.
I had the wheels mounted and balanced, and did a 4 wheel alignment, JUST to make sure things were at factory spec (which they were - thankfully).

I'll be migrating to coilovers soon, to be able to adjust corner weights, and get a bit more camber in the front.
I'm hoping to keep the drop to a minimum!

Current candidates are:
BC Racing BR Coilovers
KW V3 Coilovers
MCS (Motion Control Systems) - if they have anything that fits the FiST.

-- Max

So I didn't hear back and sent 18 Racing a note. I am trying to see if they can order the following:
Rota Slipstreams
16 x 8
4 x 108 bolt pattern
63.35 hub bore
+40 or +45 offset

I've also asked about ordering multiple sets, so that we can try to set-up a group buy.

If I hear back I'll let you all know.

Have a great weekend!

I'm new here, but not unfamiliar with downsizing for the track. However ford racing recommends staying 16" and above due to insufficient cooling for the brakes. So have fun and enjoy what you drive but careful not too cook your brakes. -Semper

OP
G
Thread Starter #14
I'm new here, but not unfamiliar with downsizing for the track. However ford racing recommends staying 16" and above due to insufficient cooling for the brakes. So have fun and enjoy what you drive but careful not too cook your brakes. -Semper
Thanks for the tip. Where did you see this? Can you please link to it, cuz I'd love to read what they (ford racing) has to say!

Thanks for the tip. Where did you see this? Can you please link to it, cuz I'd love to read what they (ford racing) has to say!
It wasn't anything I read it was a phone call I made too ford racing. I was looking into winter wheel and tire options which is where I found that ford racings recommended tire is the Pirelli sottozeros 205/45/r16. He then explains that the 15s may be ok for the rear brakes but the wheel too caliper clearance in the front was close enough that your endangering your brakes from lack of cooling even at spirited street driving. I'm sure that it was just them trying to be safe and cover themselves, but I'd rather not risk brake failure over wheels when there are other 16-18 options. As I said though people we already doing it and I imagine most of it is just ford trying too say, "we would not do that, but we can't stop you"
-Semper

Waterfan

It wasn't anything I read it was a phone call I made too ford racing. I was looking into winter wheel and tire options which is where I found that ford racings recommended tire is the Pirelli sottozeros 205/45/r16. He then explains that the 15s may be ok for the rear brakes but the wheel too caliper clearance in the front was close enough that your endangering your brakes from lack of cooling even at spirited street driving. I'm sure that it was just them trying to be safe and cover themselves, but I'd rather not risk brake failure over wheels when there are other 16-18 options. As I said though people we already doing it and I imagine most of it is just ford trying too say, "we would not do that, but we can't stop you"
-Semper
Challenge Accepted!

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/7637-CMB-Brake-Duct-Testing

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6745-Brake-Cooling-Deflectors-Ducts-Boomba-Racing