Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2.0 eco boost into mk7 Fiesta

Hey everyone,

Im looking to transplant a focus st drivetrain into a fiesta chassis and just need a complete write up of everything that’s needed from the doner chassis.
I have an entire focus st to pull from and money,time, labour, and daily to driver while this build takes place. I don’t wanna buy or build another project, this is what I’m going for. I understand some parts may need to be outsourced and or custom fabricated, which isn’t a concern. If anyone could help with a write up for all this I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Sky

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As far as I know you would be the first. Good luck with it.
He is not, someone in the UK has done it to a mk7 non ST.

Hey everyone,

Im looking to transplant a focus st drivetrain into a fiesta chassis and just need a complete write up of everything that’s needed from the doner chassis.
I have an entire focus st to pull from and money,time, labour, and daily to driver while this build takes place. I don’t wanna buy or build another project, this is what I’m going for. I understand some parts may need to be outsourced and or custom fabricated, which isn’t a concern. If anyone could help with a write up for all this I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Sky
From what I remember you'll need:
-Engine
-Trans w/shifter and shifter cables (you might need custom cables)
-Wiring
-PCM? (It might be the same as the fiesta, the engine harness might even be largely the same), the guy in the UK used a standalone engine management system
-Custom axles (focus inner cups / fiesta outer splines, maybe a custom length shaft I cant recall)
-Custom engine mounts
-Bigger radiator

Here's his build thread on passionford

https://passionford.com/forum/resto...-2-0-ecoboost-engine-swap-370lbft-270whp.html

Hey everyone,

Thank you,
Sky
From what I've seen you can easily pull 400 hp out a fiesta without adding too much weight. But I've think someone from the UK installed a different engine and modded it to 700hp car, I think you can see videos of it on youtube still. Personally I wouldn't focus on those numbers when it comes to this platform. The fiesta even with 350 hp managed to beat out a 500 hp skyline on the track.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Pipe Dream* keep the FiST engine. Your just adding more weight. Then have to make more power to compensate. Good luck if you do....I haven't seen 1 person on here do it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I'm a naysayer, but I think these projects are just dumb. If you want the power of a Focus ST, just get a Focus ST and have way less headaches. If you want a faster Fiesta ST, they are very easy to add a turbo and an injector that will cost way less and also will bring fewer headaches.

They are too close in terms of power and capability I just don't see the point.

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm a naysayer, but I think these projects are just dumb. If you want the power of a Focus ST, just get a Focus ST and have way less headaches. If you want a faster Fiesta ST, they are very easy to add a turbo and an injector that will cost way less and also will bring fewer headaches.

Yep. The amount of money you would need to spend for all the custom crap to swap the powertrains is silly. You could easily just build a beast of a 1.6L and get 350+ WHP, and have reliability. Probably have money leftover for LSD and final drive conversion too.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

And.....How many threads are on this type of objective on the FiST forum? I do get tired of them....." Hey...Hey......guys.....does anyone know if a mk8 or Focus engine can go into a FiST?!?!?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone,

Thank you,
Sky
Dude there guys now pushing these 1.6 motor to 5-600 whp. Why not just forge the motor,build to top end throw a big turbo on it and some nitrous and have a blast.