Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2023 Fiesta ST 1.5L EcoBoost

Intuit

3000 Post Club
View: https://youtu.be/PuX0mRAW380

What do ya think? Looks great.
Wonder what parts besides the wheels are transferable?
The lines for the headlights appear different.
It's about frig'n time they got rid of the 1950s analog dash and went digital. (surprised it doesn't still have a speedometer cable LoL)
I've really grown to love the look of the aftermarket tail lights on my '16 Fiesta though.

I'm sold.

Where do I get one?
View: https://youtu.be/mcvjiw582G0

...okay it's obviously the wrong countries and a tiny fraction of the distance, but you get the point... 😄

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Yeah that's why I didn't mention anything about the engine. I knew it was Europe but didn't know it was UK only. That doesn't make much sense. They didn't bring it to the States because they claim they "can't" sell enough... (never mind that they didn't really advertise the Fiesta ST while it was still here) but then they turn around and limit sales to a single island-sized nation? Exactly how much more coin are they selling for over there anyway??

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...5.378051!4d-3.435973!16zL20vMDdzc2M?entry=ttu

Last edited:
I think one of the bigger problems on the states is that majority of people want things to be bigger. I've had lots of people in my car to give rides, instructing, etc. I'd say a solid 90% say something like "this is fun but I could never own one it's too small" or similar. the last 10% will say they would own one for the right price.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yeah that's why I didn't mention anything about the engine. I knew it was Europe but didn't know it was UK only. That doesn't make much sense. They didn't bring it to the States because they claim they "can't" sell enough... (never mind that they didn't really advertise the Fiesta ST while it was still here) but then they turn around and limit sales to a single island-sized nation? Exactly how much more coin are they selling for over there anyway??

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...5.378051!4d-3.435973!16zL20vMDdzc2M?entry=ttu
They did not bring to the states because the MK8 was released in 2018 in the UK and Europe not UK only by the way. Though as of 2018 Ford had officially declared discontinuation of all small gas vehicles in the U.S. and had already begun phase out plans. The only reason we got a 2019 Mk7.5 ST here was because extra parts for MK7.5 Fiesta’s overall . The whole 7.5 line got carried in 2018-2019 here because they had lunsold product . Mk7.5 in the UK and Europe had already been phased out by 2018.

Left hand drive models of the MK8 were Europe.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I think one of the bigger problems on the states is that majority of people want things to be bigger. I've had lots of people in my car to give rides, instructing, etc. I'd say a solid 90% say something like "this is fun but I could never own one it's too small" or similar. the last 10% will say they would own one for the right price.
That's because the passenger compartment really is narrow. The driver compartment is just fine though. Nothing a few design tweaks wouldn't improve IMO.

I didn't look up the exchange rate; the prices might be comparable?? Yeah that Puma looks like a crossover between Focus car and Escape small SUV... probably the same or slightly larger than a Focus vehicle. It's interesting how they've modified their approach into make SUVs smaller and cars bigger; in addition to the massive ones that became the manufacturer fad 20 years ago.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am surprised to see them forcing (even smaller, 'cute-ute') SUVs on England and all of Europe/rest of world, given how popular small cars/hatches still are elsewhere on this globe/ [:(]

I guess everyone else insists on following our land's idiotic trend into the realm of oversized road tanks which cannot get out of their own way (speaking to the large stuff, and NOT to the much more nimble Puma, Kona, etc. [wink]).

OH be under no illusion, the 'yank tank' is alive and kicking here too. If you park a Range Rover in a UK space, it fills it to all 4 corners of the space leaving no room for occupants to actually get out. The number of large SUVs around is scary!!!

Cars and people are bigger but we've less road space, smaller car parking spaces, more expensive fuel blah blah blah. It's madness and it isn't slowing down, unlike the traffic which is grinding to a halt.

The Puma is a good size for 1 person and is a useful size for UK/European roads. Heck the Kia Sportage/Hyundai Tucson we've had the last 4 trips to the USA have been more than big enough for what we needed over there and even they are overkill for here yet both count as a medium normal size family class car.

As i said, this is largely based on the MK8 Fiesta and inherits most of that cars road manners and size. I think you sit 6cm higher up! https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compare/ford-fiesta-2017-5-door-hatchback-vs-ford-puma-2019-suv/ that shows it nicely.

I think we've another 1 or 2 USA road trips to do, no doubt they will be done in another Sportage, the rental companies love them and tbh as beige touring transport they are superb.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11