Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2 new sets to me for the car

So I bought a track set of wheels and tires in July. 16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara with RE71r.
Just picked up these 16x7 Team Dynamics 1.2 with Conti DWS 205/45?/16. I’m getting these powder coated with Misty Lava powder.
Dry handling with Contis vs my stock Michelin AS3, pretty similar. Won’t get to try wet for a couple of weeks. The lighter wheels are very noticeable, in a good way.
While the TD 1.2s are at the powder coater I’m running the track setup. The RE71Rs are grippy but a lot noisier than the stock AS3s.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I kind of like the white on our magnetic, and was almost considering it for the Braid Full race As to save about $100.00 per wheel vs. opting for their custom colors.

The 1.2s are already heat treated, and high heat could hurt their strength, so I would ask the powder coater just how hot he bakes wheels to melt the powder onto them. [wink]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I like the white too. It's kind of like wearing brand new white sneakers. I did consider it for the SVT wheels, but chose a darker color. Damn...hmm, pearlescent metal flake white...that sounds good....too late for me.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I kind of like the white on our magnetic, and was almost considering it for the Braid Full race As to save about $100.00 per wheel vs. opting for their custom colors.

The 1.2s are already heat treated, and high heat could hurt their strength, so I would ask the powder coater just how hot he bakes wheels to melt the powder onto them. [wink]
400 degrees for approx 12-20 minutes AFTER the metal gets up to temp. Two coat colors like I chose, get the second coat while the first coat is still warm. Flocking is what it's called if I remember correctly. That's how you can do a glass jar or other temp sensitive objects. Heat them up hot enough to melt the powder and spray it while it's hot.

Last edited: