Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$2 upgrade more boost?

Back "in the day" (mid-90s) I had an MR2 turbo with a bunch of upgrades. I didn't take the bite on a larger turbo and this was really before the days of the EBCs. What I did was go to the local Home Depot and buy a piece of nylon standoff 1/4" in size and drilled a hole in it. I think put it in line the vacuum hose to the BOV. It basically worked as a restrictor allowing me to get a little more boost for about $2. If I remember correctly I went from 12 to 14 psi and was good with that.

I haven't even popped my hood yet, but maybe this is something we can do as well. I think you would need an accurate boost guage so you know what it's going to. You don't want to over boost (too much).

Wow, we've come a long way in design..lol http://www.42draftdesigns.com/Inline-Restrictor_p_99.html

They sell them now..

I still thought I'd throw it up here in case it helped anyone eek a few more hp out of their turbo car.

with how smart the computers are in these new cars, it may work once for a second and then the computer will see the boost increase and pull it right back down to its happy zone. there is NO simple way to fool the boost controllers on these cars, if anything you piss it off and set a CEL and or go into limp mode [:(!]

iso100

1000 Post Club
You're better off getting a Cobb AccessPORT and enjoying the tuning that leverages all the sensors and controls rather than trying to work around them. It is $500 but $500 well spent. Love mine... it totally wakes up the car.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
with how smart the computers are in these new cars, it may work once for a second and then the computer will see the boost increase and pull it right back down to its happy zone. There is no simple way to fool the boost controllers on these cars, if anything you piss it off and set a cel and or go into limp mode [:(!]
qft

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Back "in the day" (mid-90s) I had an MR2 turbo with a bunch of upgrades. I didn't take the bite on a larger turbo and this was really before the days of the EBCs. What I did was go to the local Home Depot and buy a piece of nylon standoff 1/4" in size and drilled a hole in it. I think put it in line the vacuum hose to the BOV. It basically worked as a restrictor allowing me to get a little more boost for about $2. If I remember correctly I went from 12 to 14 psi and was good with that.

I haven't even popped my hood yet, but maybe this is something we can do as well. I think you would need an accurate boost guage so you know what it's going to. You don't want to over boost (too much).

Wow, we've come a long way in design..lol http://www.42draftdesigns.com/Inline-Restrictor_p_99.html

They sell them now..

I still thought I'd throw it up here in case it helped anyone eek a few more hp out of their turbo car.
can't be done the way you want because of how it works. Electronically things are so different from the 90s, you have to drastically change how you think about modding these cars.

Open up your lower airbox, tighten your boost clamps and add a high flow filter is about all you can do for supercheap speed on these. you need stuff that talks to the computer.