Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2012-2014 Mustang V6 v.s. Stage 3 Pro tuned FiST

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
300hp V6 Mustang (automatic or manual) v.s Stage 3 Pro tuned Fiesta ST

Who wins in a drag race?

Add exhaust and an intake to the Mustang V6... then what?

Hypothetically speaking of course. [wink] Your opinions please...

My opinion is the mustang wins, drag race is not the Fiesta's wheelhouse, but who knows, the mustang may miss shift and you have an opening, idk, new to ST, but I don't see the ST as drag car, could be wrong

Depends, fist has alot less weight! Better weight to power ratio....i think you should make this drag race happen.... i know some people who have a fist they would drag cough everyone on this forum.... but good luck finding someone with a v6 mustang....

I know you said drag race, but I told my buddy this the other night when he was giving me the business about buying a "Festiva"... Just wait for the first curve and you won't see me again! It's all about the twisties with this car, IMHO.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Depends, fist has alot less weight! Better weight to power ratio....i think you should make this drag race happen.... i know some people who have a fist they would drag cough everyone on this forum.... but good luck finding someone with a v6 mustang....
Actually, I already know the answer. [wink] heh

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I know you said drag race, but I told my buddy this the other night when he was giving me the business about buying a "Festiva"... Just wait for the first curve and you won't see me again! It's all about the twisties with this car, IMHO.
Don't underestimate a 2600+ pound car with around 250hp & 320pft torque (flywheel) in straight line acceleration. But you are right, the FiST is a purpose built car and it's strength is based on it's handling. Take your friend for a ride through a few s-turns or chicanes and I bet his tune changes a bit! [wink]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
My opinion is the mustang wins, drag race is not the Fiesta's wheelhouse, but who knows, the mustang may miss shift and you have an opening, idk, new to ST, but I don't see the ST as drag car, could be wrong
Actually it's a drivers race. If I come off the line just right, I can get them in the 1/4 mile. If I don't though, I can't pull even. Straight line acceleration is very very close.

This is just one example though. This particular Mustang was *very* loud so I know it wasn't stock.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
The v6 mustangs can be sleepers but I wouldn't be scared of racing one in the 1/4 in a stage 3 pro tuned fiST. A big turbo fiST forget about it

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
The v6 mustangs can be sleepers but I wouldn't be scared of racing one in the 1/4 in a stage 3 pro tuned fiST. A big turbo fiST forget about it
The V6 Mustang pulls hard on the top end where as the FiST falls on it's face at high rpm. A big turbo FiST would have no problems with a V6 Mustang and would give a V8 Mustang a good run for it's money.

I rented a V6 Mustang convertable on our honeymoon back in 2012 and was generally impressed with it. The bottom end and throttle repsonse was less impressive but once you get going it ran exceptionally well.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
The V6 Mustang pulls hard on the top end where as the FiST falls on it's face at high rpm. A big turbo FiST would have no problems with a V6 Mustang and would give a V8 Mustang a good run for it's money.

I rented a V6 Mustang convertable on our honeymoon back in 2012 and was generally impressed with it. The bottom end and throttle repsonse was less impressive but once you get going it ran exceptionally well.
Yup I agree top end power really helps in drag racing. Doesn't help our fist runs outta steam with stock turbo

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Yup I agree top end power really helps in drag racing. Doesn't help our fist runs outta steam with stock turbo
Generally top end is better for trap speeds. Having a ton of torque on the bottom means you can get the holeshot and then everyone has to try to chase you down. If you can get a great launch you can trip the lights quicker, but the car with more trap speed will be trying to run you down at the end. [biggrin]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I think there is a greater advantage to normally aspirated, twice the displacement v.s. small displacement using a turbo... on a hot muggy day. I'd like to run that Mustang again on a cool dry day. it was 93 degrees and 80% humidity. Not exactly great "turbo" conditions. lol [:p]