Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Ford Fiesta ST Rally Car Build

OP
J
Thread Starter #22
So I totally forgot to mention the results of our first rally. Because we don't run the entire season, we run in the regional class which for STPR breaks down into 2 events for us. On day 1, we won our class in the white #348 and my brother in the red #648 finished 3rd in class.
On day 2, my brother won the class and I finished 2nd.

I was very happy to walk away with a win on day 1 and 2nd place on day in our newly built Fiesta ST and this comes to show that these are amazing machines. You might have seen the poster floating around, but here's a few more pics.

And many more can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/jcr57rt/media_set?set=a.10202382277466203.1073741840.1470870204&type=3

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
What does your paint look like after rally? You must have a ton of rock chips.

OP
J
Thread Starter #24
Believe it or not, its excellent. The extended mud guards do their job very good. The only reason it will get messed up is if we have an off or we catch the car in front of us.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
So I totally forgot to mention the results of our first rally. Because we don't run the entire season, we run in the regional class which for STPR breaks down into 2 events for us. On day 1, we won our class in the white #348 and my brother in the red #648 finished 3rd in class.
On day 2, my brother won the class and I finished 2nd.

I was very happy to walk away with a win on day 1 and 2nd place on day in our newly built Fiesta ST and this comes to show that these are amazing machines. You might have seen the poster floating around, but here's a few more pics.
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Have you upgraded the cooling system at all? radiator, etc? Have you had any cooling problems?

OP
J
Thread Starter #27
The engine on this car is stock besides stage 1 tuned by Cobb. No cooling issues after the first rally.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The engine on this car is stock besides stage 1 tuned by Cobb. No cooling issues after the first rally.
Thanks for the reply!

Do you still have the two airbag sensors and metal mount going across the front of the radiator? (See photo below) Do you still have the AC Condensor?

ryst

I can't figure out how to subscribe without replying.

I won't make this totally worthless: I dig the crappy OEM focus wheels in the rally pics :)

Also the yellow fog lights. is that a cover (to keep them from breaking) or is it an actual yellow lens? Any plans for rally lights?

OP
J
Thread Starter #30
Thanks for the reply!

Do you still have the two airbag sensors and metal mount going across the front of the radiator? (See photo below) Do you still have the AC Condensor?

I do have them, they are not on the car. Ac condenser was removed as well.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the reply!

I do have them, they are not on the car. Ac condenser was removed as well.
So you removed the airbag sensors and that mounting bar? and the AC condenser? Ok thanks, that makes sense. thank you!

OP
J
Thread Starter #32
I can't figure out how to subscribe without replying.

I won't make this totally worthless: I dig the crappy OEM focus wheels in the rally pics :)

Also the yellow fog lights. is that a cover (to keep them from breaking) or is it an actual yellow lens? Any plans for rally lights?
Thanks, I've used braid wheels on the previous Fiesta and they were great wheels. Unfortunately when I sold the car, they went in a group package. Before STPR I was looking for another set of braids but no one had them at the time. I knew from previous experience that the OEM Focus wheels were strong so I went with those for the time being. Unfortunately my Dmack tires did not like those wheels because they did not seed even at 200 psi so we borrowed a set OZ rally wheels from Team Oneil.

The yellow fog lights are just vinyl in case a rock hits them so they won't shatter, also for looks lol.

Excelente! Me diga uma coisa: o que foi feito do sistema de som do seu carro? Falo do sistema completo: painel de teclas, unidade de cd, cabos de liga??o, tela lcd e moldura superior. J? vendeu? Tenho interesse em compr?-lo. Pode me passar o link dos an?ncios de venda? Agrade?o.

What I want to know is if you sold your MyFord Touch ie the sound system of the car is the Sony brand.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Bringing this back from the grave to ask about your review/opinion of the Silver/Neomax/Panda Motorworks coil overs you used on your current car during this year's (2019) STPR.
Did they hold up as expected on the 'yumps', 'baby's heads', and suspension maxing out compressions??
No; leaks, loss of fluid, etc.??

Your car looked good when I saw it during the Parc Expose in town (I worked the event as a volunteer), and am quite envious of all of those black Team Dynamics Pro Rally wheels you bought up the last of, in all of North America. [twothumb]