Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Ford fiesta St 1.6 ecoboost

Dpaul918

U.S. Marine Veteran
So I recently be came the proud owner of a 2014 ford fiesta St and I swapped the battery on with a new one and now I'm getting a U1007. Car just cranks and cranks but doesn't start up need help on how t ok rest bms with out scanner please thank you

OP
D

Dpaul918

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #3
yes it started up drove home. i went to go to work this morning and battery was dead so i went to autozone and git a 96R battery as it calls for and installed new battery and it cranks and cranks and i get the code every time U1007 dtc code. the guy that had it said his son installed a cobb tuner on the car which i have now as well

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
yes it started up drove home. i went to go to work this morning and battery was dead so i went to autozone and git a 96R battery as it calls for and installed new battery and it cranks and cranks and i get the code every time U1007 dtc code. the guy that had it said his son installed a cobb tuner on the car which i have now as well
Who installed the battery? You or AutoZone? Negative cable connected last?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
That's got to be frustrating to run into a problem on a simple battery change.

Search the forum here...
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:fiestastforum.com+u1007

I thought that would've been a unique experience but apparently isn't. For as much as people fiddle with these vehicles, changing stuff out, guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Without reviewing the other threads, my guess is a weak connection to ground. EDIT Memory serving I think there's also a secondary connection at the positive terminal. /EDIT If the battery tray was fiddled with, the ECU is attached to it. This I've seen, is not uncommon among manufacturers.

(Side Note: Ford unwisely stuck another ground right frick'n beneath the battery tray - the acids will rust this out. Probably an engine/trans/alternator ground. )

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Oh, you can verify and even narrow down whether there's a bad connection with voltage drop testing. However, the circuit has to be loaded to it's potential in order for the test to be truly representative. This guy for example, shows that a whopping 94% of power is being lost. Had he loaded the circuit, it would've shown damn near 100% of power being dropped. Any more than 6% of loss on a loaded circuit is considered excessive. You can easily test any connection (including through relays and switches) by poking a safety-pin or straight-pin through a wire to get a reading at that point.
View: https://youtu.be/xerAp9Yd53Y

OP
D

Dpaul918

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #9
S i have checked all fuses and grounds and wires and cables..and still getting u1007 could it be the neg.BMS be bad... is there away to bypass it at all

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The error might be from the scan tool, rather than the vehicle. Scan tool might simply be saying "I ain't got noth'n."

Did you get a battery that sat on the shelf too long?

1651384583609.png

1651385245678.png

Sam4

If the car cranks - why are we worried about the battery? Any 12v battery will allow it to start, the correct battery just also fits the tray. I'm confused - get off my lawn...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@Sam4 - The fault began on the way home, by which time the battery was killed. When he replaced it, it cranked but wouldn't start. When the battery monitoring system (BMS) is detecting a fault code, the Body Control Module and Powertain Control Modules won't allow the system to charge the battery; or allow the car to restart after shutdown. So it cranks, but won't start.

OP
D

Dpaul918

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #18
Thank you everybody for the comments and help big thanks to Intuit for everything... Still trying fix this problem though

OP
D

Dpaul918

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #20
@Intuit- I'm gonna take some pictures and upload them so you can see. When I got going on here because I have the two prong wires coming off the neg.bms to a 3 amp fuse yellow wire stops there and the I got another wire a purple the runs directly form the bms neg side to the pcm that's it