Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016-2017 suspension differences

I just went from a 15 to a 17 and the 17 feels noticeably different. The 17 has a much softer ride. Road input feels a little more vague on cornering yet the steering feels more precise on lower speed turns. I really thought there was nothing lacking on the 15 in terms of handling. On the 17 I am guessing a stiffer shock would help. I was also wondering if the skid pad number were the same. Seems like changing the front sway bar and torsion bar with softer springs and shocks would change the numbers a bit.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I just went from a 15 to a 17 and the 17 feels noticeably different. The 17 has a much softer ride. Road input feels a little more vague on cornering yet the steering feels more precise on lower speed turns. I really thought there was nothing lacking on the 15 in terms of handling. On the 17 I am guessing a stiffer shock would help. I was also wondering if the skid pad number were the same. Seems like changing the front sway bar and torsion bar with softer springs and shocks would change the numbers a bit.
I know this is really old and not expecting a reply from OP but others who are curious, we determined the ones with updated front includes a fatter FSB from 19mm to 21mm to help with the softer shocks and makes sense why the steering feels more precise... Also, to help with cornering input, the solution isn't stiffer shocks, they are still quite stiff, what helps is an even fatter FSB, maybe add a rear too to help. So while the struts/shocks are mainly for up and down travel rate, softer dampers can add some body roll and that's where fatter sway bars help. Then you can maintain the less harsh regular non-cornering ride the softer dampers offer and once you corner the fat sway bar will significantly reduce the body roll.