Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 Honda Civic Si debut at 2016 LA Auto Show

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...-to-hold-the-flag-until-type-r-gets-here.html

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...17-honda-civic-si-official-photos-info-debut/

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...=10153758009540904&adbpl=fb&adbpr=20553875903

https://www.facebook.com/jalopnik/videos/10154550578145168/

Sub-Type-R model w/ tuned 1.5T promises to be ?Most Powerful Si Yet?

11/15/2016 - Autoguide

plaad7n86ucyxr21bbtr.jpg

xjbbqoywjfxghljjgxak.jpg

To carry the Japanese automaker?s performance flag until the Type R gets here, which is still ways away, the 2017 Honda Civic Si just made its global debut at the 2016 L.A. Auto Show.

Looking pretty tame compared to the hyper-aggressive Type R hatch, the Si strikes a nice balance between the regular Civic and the much-anticipated hot hatch. The Si will be available as a coupe and a sedan, but a short-shifting six-speed manual transmission will be the only one available.

The 2017 Honda Civic Si will be powered by a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine, which the automaker says is ?high-performance? and ?high-torque.? Unfortunately, Honda didn?t release any information about power output, the one thing that prospective Si drivers care most about. The last Civic Si had 205 horsepower and 170 pound-feet of torque, so it?s safe to assume that this upcoming model?s figures will surpass the previous generation?s numbers.

This Si Prototype has a full Honda Factory Performance (HFP) aero kit, spoiler, a slick center-mounted exhaust setup, and 19-inch, 10-spoke forged aluminum alloy wheels. Performance upgrades include a new active damper system, active steering, limited-slip differential and available high-performance tires.

Inside, the Si gets unique front sport seats with red contrast stitching that carries through the whole cabin, an aluminum shift knob and sport pedals, and a handful of other features that help differentiate the Si from the regular Civic.

Although Honda says this is just a prototype, it?s pretty safe to assume that the production model won?t stray too far from what we see here. The 2017 Honda Civic Si launches next year.

The 2016 L.A. Auto Show marks the first time all five variants (Hatchback, Coupe, Sedan, Type R and Si) of the 10th-generation Honda Civic are sharing a stage.

cfgbjlqvjk42n1crytbz.jpg

lxhwbcf4qhekzayqsrhg.jpg

2017-Honda-Civic-Si-Prototype-14.jpg

2017-Honda-Civic-Si-Prototype-19.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Looks like they are closely following the Focus playbook in terms of trim trim levels.

Those huge plastic grates that house the fog lights are just a bit much for me. Seems like Honda is finally answering the call, performance-wise though. Only took 15 years. My 2002 Si came with 160hp/130-ish lbft stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call me bias because I've owned two civic hatchbacks a long time ago. But, I think Civics should come with high revving motors. High revving well setup Civics on a canyon road is bliss. There is nothing quite like being able to hear the roar at 8,500rpm+ .

#notahondafanboy

Just something about a turbo Civic with a low redline is very off-putting to me.

I love boost, most of my cars have been boosted. But, there are somethings better left untouched.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not as fugly as the pedestrian civic but still not exactly a looker. The 8th gen was the last civic that looked good to me.

That turbo will make an already heavily supported platform even better for tuners. So, uuh, don't line up against one these if it's got a coffee can & neon LEDs all over it lol

Lol you are on a page with cars powered by a 1.6T and you are saying ugh about a 1.5T
Agreed. I don't know why so many people are complaining about this, especially when the Fiesta ST does so well with its 1.6T. A turbo swap yields excellent results with our cars, I can imagine the same could be true for the upcoming Civic Si.

zanethan

Ehh I'm not a huge fan of how the new Civic looks in general and this trim level doesn't really change that, particularly the spoiler that looks like its from the early '00s.

Isn't the Civic larger and heavier than the FiST? If so, I would think that the 1.5T would be under powered from the factory but I could be wrong.

I'm interested to know what this new Civic Si will weigh, as well as the power figures. With the 1.5T it could weigh a bit less than the other standard models.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hopefully (for them), it will be worthy of the worship all of the fanboyzz will heap upon it. ;)

I like OUR car because it still does not have the jive JDM YO! type following, is NOT a ricer 'go to' mobile, and has at least a little individuality/exclusivity as a result. [:)]

Rhinopolis

I'm interested to know what this new Civic Si will weigh, as well as the power figures. With the 1.5T it could weigh a bit less than the other standard models.
The 2017 hatchback sport is listed on Honda's website at 2864, and I won't wager that the Si will weigh any less. I'm not sure that a smaller engine (.10 liters whatever) than our Fist and with a 100lbs expected heavier curb weight is the right formula.

The turbo on the 1.5 hatchback sport is a Mitsubishi "mhi td03", and does anyone know much about these and what their potential is?

Positive impressions are that at least the Si comes with an LSD [thankyou]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #16
2016 LA Auto Show - 2017 Honda Civic Si First Look (Video)

Published on Nov 16, 2016 - AutoGuide

Now that everyone has seen what the Civic Type R looks like, pretty much nothing else in the Honda universe really matters anymore. But the 2017 Honda Civic Si has been unveiled to hold the performance flag until the Type R gets here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hwm_d9MORo

[video=youtube;1Hwm_d9MORo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hwm_d9MORo[/video]

I actually got my FiST in September because I got tired of waiting for the Si. I've been unbelievably happy with my decision. Thank you, Honda for slow-walking the Si rollout.

I actually got my FiST in September because I got tired of waiting for the Si. I've been unbelievably happy with my decision. Thank you, Honda for slow-walking the Si rollout.
Me too, but my previous car - a 13 year old civic - was absolutely bullet proof. Maybe once the SIs hit the used market I'll got back to the Honda work.d