Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Humming Buzzing noise from MFT? Center dash area noise.

Does the MFT have a fan in the housing? I am getting a weird humming buzzing noise on startup. It lasts about 10min then goes away. Seems to only happen when the engine is running.
It's not a rattle, but something mechanical. Thought about taking it to the dealership to have it looked at, wanted to post it here to see if anyone else has had this issue.

I can post a video if need be.

Any advice friends?

OP
SeanBonham
Thread Starter #2
Updated with video. Might have to crank the volume to hear it.
[video]https://youtu.be/kLw9-g_rXa0[/video]

Possible answer:

Below the area where the start-button is, there's a small circular vent. The next time it start's making that noise, cover this small vent with your hand to see if the noise quiets. That vent contains the sensor for the Auto-climate and (according to the dealership) the sensor has a tiny fan in it that can malfunction and make an intermittent buzzing noise. My car had this problem. They replaced the sensor under warranty and the issue was resolved.