Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ 2JR Cowl Intake + Muffler delete update

Well I told myself it would stay stock for a while but I went ahead and threw on the 2JR intake on recently and just removed the muffler. Staring with the 2JR intake, it took a couple hours to install. Mind you that I'm not mechanically inclined for crap lol Headlights had to come off in order to remove the cowl, that part was pretty straight forward, removing the old intake as well was pretty simple. Installing the 2JR intake I can say now should have been simple as well but I had so much trouble getting the intake pipe and coupler on the bottom end. I have huge hands so thats the excuse I'm sticking with haha that part took a good while but once I got it on and clamped down everything else once again pretty straight forward. Cutting into the cowl surprisingly was the easiest and fastest part of the install. I have a 2016 FiST so yes I had to order the Cobb pcv adapter. When I tested the intake after install as is, the CE came on of course. Installed the adapter and CE immediately went away. Car has since been driven for about 150-180 miles, no issues or codes. As for the intake itself. The quality is on point I'd say, welds are great and the kit of course included everything needed for install. I personally don't think it's that loud, I mean yes it's noticable and loud to many others but its doable for me. I can say that confidently even with it being my daily. (Will say again I'm used to louder cars, ex. Fully gutted track civic and a stupid loud rx7 as stated in previous posts.) Not noticable when cruising in 6th until you're above 4.5k-5k rpm. Overall great buy imo and different than the other intakes in the market being that it's the only one that sits in the cowl. I don't have an AP or tune but there for sure was a gain of some sort. I'm sure small but it's pretty noticable on my end.

As for the muffler delete, it's quiet still imo. To quiet, again maybe I'm just used to louder cars. I've heard some say their muffler delete sounded loud to them, I just can't comprehend that lol it sounds good. No rasp and no drone as the resonator is still on. Just a little louder than stock really. Eventually a CPE Nexus exhaust and whoosh catless DP will go on.

Next up will be some lowering springs, wheels and tires. Figured I'd share my experience.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That makes me a little less worried about installing mine then. I bought one but it's not coming till September. How do you know where to cut the cowl? Or do you just go by eye?

Also I read on someone else's post in a forum that they don't supply the MAF screws.. is that true or do the stock screws just get used?

Thanks.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #3
That makes me a little less worried about installing mine then. I bought one but it's not coming till September. How do you know where to cut the cowl? Or do you just go by eye?

Thanks.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Lined up the cowl best I could and eyed it. It's literally where the hump in the cowl is. Grabbed a marker traced it, grabbed my Dremel and cut. Took 3 minutes, believe me it's the part I was worried about most haha. You'll be good

Save some $$$ & unnecessary weight of a catback, which basically does nothing for performance on the stock snail, and get rid of the resonator(y). There's some drone, but I don't find it unbearable in the least. I actually like the crudeness of some drone combined with the nvh from my TTR mounts and AWR 88 rmm:LOL: Recently did a rear seat delete for some extra noise.

Last edited:
OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #5
Save some $$$ & unnecessary weight of a catback, which basically does nothing for performance on the stock snail, and get rid of the resonator(y). There's some drone, but I don't find it unbearable in the least. I actually like the crudeness of some drone combined with the nvh from my TTR mounts and AWR 88 rmm[emoji38]
Considering the resonator delete seeing as I do find this pretty quiet lol

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #7
Yup

Yup! Got rid of both with barely 70 miles on the odometer:)
Where are you located? I'm here in SoCal, cops don't mess with my rx7 because it looks old or something lol but I know they'll target just about any newer car that's obnoxiously loud lol after watching YouTube videos on muffler deletes it sounded loud unlike what mine sounds like. So what I'm hoping is that a resonator delete won't sound as loud as I've heard and people say lmao

Where are you located? I'm here in SoCal, cops don't mess with my rx7 because it looks old or something lol but I know they'll target just about any newer car that's obnoxiously loud lol after watching YouTube videos on muffler deletes it sounded loud unlike what mine sounds like. So what I'm hoping is that a resonator delete won't sound as loud as I've heard and people say lmao

Phx, AZ. We have cars driving around without hoods, fenders, etc! Emissions every 2 years, but no testing for like 5 years if bought new. Once it's time, as long as you don't have any CEL, you're good to go! Any Harley with pipes next to you and you'll struggle to even hear your straight piped ST:p

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #10
Phx, AZ. We have cars driving around without hoods, fenders, etc! Emissions every 2 years, but no testing for like 5 years if bought new. Once it's time, as long as you don't have any CEL, you're good to go! Any Harley with pipes next to you and you'll struggle to even hear your straight piped ST:p
Ah see y'all have it easy then haha it's bad down here lol

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #11
Get the nexus. Its a good sounding kit once everything is adjusted right.
Thanks for the input brotha, I'm loving the sound clips from that exhaust. Though it is up there at around $800

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I got mine used for 550. I really lucked out. But it sounds great. I need a high flow cat. Itll give me more flow and a bit more sound.

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #13
I got mine used for 550. I really lucked out. But it sounds great. I need a high flow cat. Itll give me more flow and a bit more sound.
That's probably my best bet as well, finding one second hand or on sale. I'd jump on it immediately.

Ah see y'all have it easy then haha it's bad down here lol

Yeah, EZ to do pretty much whatever you can think of here. What just about everyone here will agree on is that the AP with a tune from Stratified or Dizzy is way more worth it when comparing to the cost of any CBE.

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #15
Yeah, EZ to do pretty much whatever you can think of here. What just about everyone here will agree on is that the AP with a tune from Stratified or Dizzy is way more worth it when comparing to the cost of any CBE.
Aaahh yes an AP is coming as well. I feel like it's a must lol well I'm sure it is, I've heard of both those companies and tunes. As well as CPE and montune. Though I heard montune tunes are really conservative...

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Well I told myself it would stay stock for a while but I went ahead and threw on the 2JR intake on recently and just removed the muffler. Staring with the 2JR intake, it took a couple hours to install. Mind you that I'm not mechanically inclined for crap lol Headlights had to come off in order to remove the cowl, that part was pretty straight forward, removing the old intake as well was pretty simple. Installing the 2JR intake I can say now should have been simple as well but I had so much trouble getting the intake pipe and coupler on the bottom end. I have huge hands so thats the excuse I'm sticking with haha that part took a good while but once I got it on and clamped down everything else once again pretty straight forward. Cutting into the cowl surprisingly was the easiest and fastest part of the install. I have a 2016 FiST so yes I had to order the Cobb pcv adapter. When I tested the intake after install as is, the CE came on of course. Installed the adapter and CE immediately went away. Car has since been driven for about 150-180 miles, no issues or codes. As for the intake itself. The quality is on point I'd say, welds are great and the kit of course included everything needed for install. I personally don't think it's that loud, I mean yes it's noticable and loud to many others but its doable for me. I can say that confidently even with it being my daily. (Will say again I'm used to louder cars, ex. Fully gutted track civic and a stupid loud rx7 as stated in previous posts.) Not noticable when cruising in 6th until you're above 4.5k-5k rpm. Overall great buy imo and different than the other intakes in the market being that it's the only one that sits in the cowl. I don't have an AP or tune but there for sure was a gain of some sort. I'm sure small but it's pretty noticable on my end.

As for the muffler delete, it's quiet still imo. To quiet, again maybe I'm just used to louder cars. I've heard some say their muffler delete sounded loud to them, I just can't comprehend that lol it sounds good. No rasp and no drone as the resonator is still on. Just a little louder than stock really. Eventually a CPE Nexus exhaust and whoosh catless DP will go on.

Next up will be some lowering springs, wheels and tires. Figured I'd share my experience.

Make sure your PCV hose doesnt rest on top of the fuel line, I saw someone on reddit had a hole rubbed in the fitting on their fuel line. I checked mine and it has a shiny spot from the 2j PCV line rubbing on it.