Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FiST build- the quest for 425+whp

OP
C
Thread Starter #21
He's actually in the process of building his motor and when he's done I think he'll be closer to 450 but we will see. Didn't read all your mods but watch your clutch and tranny. Anything over 375whp and stuff starts breaking bad. Been here 5 years, seen it over and over and over. You might want to invest in a spare transmission or two to keep in your garage. Also anything fixed, like solid charge pipes, is toast. And mounts, iirc I didn't see any mount upgrades, if you're on stock motor mounts you can say goodbye to all three of them after your first pull in 2nd gear.

Good luck, be safe!

EDIT
Coincidentally a vid just dropped of the build I was talking about, check it out and check out Adam's channel, lots to learn from him, might be helpful as you work toward your goal:

TunePlus, Inc: Customer 450whp Fiesta ST Build Update #1 - YouTube
I was looking into buying a second tranny to keep around, having you say that is gonna make me look into it more haha. I did order a stage 3+ clutch, supposedly rated for over 400whp. I am looking at getting some custom charge pipes, since the different sets ive gone through dont seem to fit well. I do have the uprated RMM but thats the only one so far. I appreciate the link, Ill definitely check it out!

OP
C
Thread Starter #22
It’s great man! Fully tuned on stock fuel. Gotta save up and gonna go the injector and pump route
Dude, I cant wait to see yours done too! Maybe if I get back down there, we can line up and give it a race! Keep me updated on yours!

OP
C
Thread Starter #23
I watched the 417hp dyno in person at JST. Looking forward to seeing his Fiesta get back on the road!

I am awaiting some oil results from Blackstone (might be shedding a bearing), and if I get bad news, my car may get shipped off to Adam for a rebuild, turbo upgrade, and 350whp. I've been impressed with his work lately.
Ill have to check them out! Maybe Ill chat with them too about my build and see if they have any recommendations! I appreciate the comment!

Dude, I cant wait to see yours done too! Maybe if I get back down there, we can line up and give it a race! Keep me updated on yours!
Sounds good man! To piggy back off of jeff, the hard pipes really aren’t too necessary. You can probably get by with just using the stock ones. I have the cpe exhale kit for my cold side. The hot side was replaced by a pipe that came with the DHM kit, but it attaches like stock.

OP
C
Thread Starter #25
Alright, small update to the build. Just got finished installing the Spec stage 3+ clutch and lightweight flywheel, running into a slight issue with lining up the trans on the block to bolt it all back together but once I remedy that, Ill get to install the whoosh quick throw shift kit and bushings as well as my boomba throttle body spacer! More posts to follow!