Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FiST original owner checking in

Bought my baby new when the dealer was clearing out the 2016s. Kona blue with basically zero options. They tried to tell me it had a backup camera, so I asked them to show me... Then they drilled holes in the bumper to attach a vanity dealer plate despite NC not requiring front plates. So screw those guys. Thank god I did my research ahead of time and decided what I wanted instead of asking the sales dick. I wanted molten orange and different interior options, but I would have had to fly to Arizona and then drive back to North Carolina to get what I wanted so I settled. I regret not buying that plane ticket. 76k miles and 7 years later and this car still brings me joy on the daily. Mods are minimal so far- Cobb tune, blow-off valve (fun!) and upgraded Bilstein shocks and struts. I have the parts for a short throw shifter and new shifter bushings but my live-in mechanic (aka husband) hasn't put them in yet. Something about not looking forward to taking apart the whole interior, idk. Planned mods are bracing for the suspension and then an upgraded tune that should give me a significant boost in HP and torque. Also going to throw 16" 5-spoke wheels on it. I love this car more than any other I've ever owned. Glad to find this forum and other ST enthusiasts and looking forward to the day I can put antique plates on it! Gonna drive it til the wheels fall off.

OP
wroughtirony
Thread Starter #3
Just got my Maryland state inspection. MD only requires that a car be inspected once ever, so I'm good to go for any and all mods as long as I keep it registered here. Other than 16"s, bracing and upgraded tune, what are some fun performance mods? I'll probably do something with the exhaust because stock this car is far too quiet. I'd like to get the exhaust note more in the ballpark of a Fiat 500 Abarth. (which is pretty much the only thing I love about the Abarth- those cars are finicky and temperamental but damn they sound good...)

OP
wroughtirony
Thread Starter #4
Also VERY interested in trip reports for anyone who has replaced the seats in their FiST. The stock seats are awful, especially for road trips, and there's something broken in my driver's seat back that clicks and pops every time I sit down. What are my options for something that bolts in easily? Recaros are meh because I'm a bigger girl and they are tight on my lower back, but I'd still consider them an upgrade from what I have now.

pixelzombie

I got my 2016 when it was 3 years old. So far so good, but I do have the window film bubbling on the rear passenger side.

Also VERY interested in trip reports for anyone who has replaced the seats in their FiST. The stock seats are awful, especially for road trips, and there's something broken in my driver's seat back that clicks and pops every time I sit down. What are my options for something that bolts in easily? Recaros are meh because I'm a bigger girl and they are tight on my lower back, but I'd still consider them an upgrade from what I have now.
The Recaros can be a little tight, but I found them amazing on long trips. When I bought my car, my other car had been totaled and I was very fortunate that the Fiesta ST was available in 2015. I researched like crazy in comparison articles, and the test drivers said if you get one option, get the Recaros--they were $1700 added onto an approximate $20,000 base. The only thing that I have noticed, after 102,000 miles, is that when it get into the car, I tend to squish down the leading edge of the lower driver's seat. But my seats are amazing and really make for a comfortable and controlled ride. When I was in Italy one time, I saw a baby in a Recaro stroller. I thought, "What a lucky kid."

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I’m not a huge fan of the base seats, but my legs and ass don’t fit in the recaros. I debated aftermarket seats but I believe our side airbags are located in the seats themselves so switching is a safety concern.

OP
wroughtirony
Thread Starter #9
Would the Recaros from the FoST fit? The internet says probably no, but is it a hard no or a "maybe with the creative application of an angle grinder" kinda no? Because I found a good deal on one.

OP
wroughtirony
Thread Starter #11
It's been done. There are build threads on the forum about it.
Sadly I looked again and it's the fully automatic/powered version so it would be a no go. I'll keep looking. I feel kind of like a dick just replacing the drivers seat, but not enough to justify doubling the price, since it's usually just me in the car and we use the Mustang for long trips.

OP
wroughtirony
Thread Starter #12
Well, I tempted fate and flew too close to the sun. The universe caught me looking at mods and planning out what I want to do next, and sent a rock flying into my windshield last night. Thought I got off easy and would just have to get a chip repair, but it got cold overnight and I woke up to a huge crack. This month's toy budget is no more.