Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD 2017 Magnetic ST | Nicely Modded w/ 12.5k miles ~ $17,000 Obo

Trader history for Gimlet (0)

OP
G
Thread Starter #21
Still avail - I've put on another 150 or so miles since December. She really just sits in the garage...sigh...

OP
G
Thread Starter #25
I honestly am not sure how the shop managed it, but the printout from the tool they shared with me has all of them at that setting. I asked them to try and get as much negative camber as possible, thinking it would max around -1.2 or so.... I'll go search for the printout in my files.

TemecFist

I honestly am not sure how the shop managed it, but the printout from the tool they shared with me has all of them at that setting. I asked them to try and get as much negative camber as possible, thinking it would max around -1.2 or so.... I'll go search for the printout in my files.
.....but there is no adjustment in the rear.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
.....but there is no adjustment in the rear.
Well interesting thing here the standard Fiesta has 1.5 negative camber stock. Ford took out some of the negative camber in our cars by installing a stiffer twist beam with less camber so the car would oversteer more in the rear. Now we all are adding more camber in the rear to increase corner grip but technically that induces more understeer upfront which I can personally attest after initially installing my camber plates during the testing phase. I found I had more grip in the rear and could enter faster with a much higher breakway at the expense of some understeer upfront. which one has to compensate for with suspension tweaks upfront i.e stiffen the front more etc.. . I added a rear swaybar to see how that would do and found it induced less understeer but more sudden breakaway . Not sure if its gonna stay on at this point will be doing some more testing shortly for that decision. :LOL:
I digressed though. Perhaps his car was in an accident and someone put a stock Fiesta twist beam in rather than a ST? Our stock rear camber range is from–.3 to -.8 alignment spec wise. The only other way is they installed washer shims that some alignment shops stock for that kinda of thing.
I can only speculate the other thing might be there equipment was out of spec and the readings were off.

Last edited:

TemecFist

Well interesting thing here the standard Fiesta has 1.5 negative camber stock. Ford took out some of the negative camber in our cars by installing a stiffer twist beam with less camber so the car would oversteer more in the rear. Now we all are adding more camber in the rear to increase corner grip but technically that induces more understeer upfront which I can personally attest after initially installing my camber plates during the testing phase. I found I had more grip in the rear and could enter faster with a much higher breakway at the expense of some understeer upfront. which one has to compensate for with suspension tweaks upfront i.e stiffen the front more etc.. . I added a rear swaybar to see how that would do and found it induced less understeer but more sudden breakaway . Not sure if its gonna stay on at this point will be doing some more testing shortly for that decision. :LOL:
I digressed though. Perhaps his car was in an accident and someone put a stock Fiesta twist beam in rather than a ST? Our stock rear camber range is from–3 to -8 alignment spec wise. The only other way is they installed washer shims that some alignment shops stock for that kinda of thing.
I can only speculate the other thing might be there equipment was out of spec and the readings were off.
-8*....? Really? How the heck is that possible? The rear torsion was a little out of alignment when we corner balanced the car, and easily fixed, but I never saw a way to get -8* of camber.....unless I'm just not thinking outside of the box enough. Lol. How can that be done?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
-8*....? Really? How the heck is that possible? The rear torsion was a little out of alignment when we corner balanced the car, and easily fixed, but I never saw a way to get -8* of camber.....unless I'm just not thinking outside of the box enough. Lol. How can that be done?
ya thats .8:LOL: funny how a little decimal point left out by quick typing would throw things off

OP
G
Thread Starter #31
No accidents on this car and I had it done at 2.8k miles. I found the receipt, but not the setting ticket. I was trying to recall off the top of my head, and I knew -1.4 stuck out, but maybe that is just for the fronts. I'll correct the listing until I can provide evidence that they finagled the rear. FWIW, the shop that did it is a trusted small local shop, not a chain, so I wouldn't be surprised if they finessed it some... but again, not certain at this point.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
No accidents on this car and I had it done at 2.8k miles. I found the receipt, but not the setting ticket. I was trying to recall off the top of my head, and I knew -1.4 stuck out, but maybe that is just for the fronts. I'll correct the listing until I can provide evidence that they finagled the rear. FWIW, the shop that did it is a trusted small local shop, not a chain, so I wouldn't be surprised if they finessed it some... but again, not certain at this point.
Short of putting an aftermarket setup like my plates in the only way you would see that much negative camber in the rear is by using shims of some kind.
That would mean removing the hubs as well. Which unless your car was in the in the alignment shop for just over an hour probably did not happen. lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
What do all of the 'stancers' do in order to get that actual camber, cut and re-weld the stub mounts?? LOFL
Thats funny and ya they are probably cutting and welding the mounts.

I actually had guys on facebook asking me if they could stack two of my plates or if I could make plates for them to give them negative 3 degrees lol.

I am not sure what they are doing but honestly the whole excessive negative camber thing for the sake of looks always puzzled me. As it was always obvious the cars could not be used for much except Hard Parking.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

TemecFist

Thats funny and ya they are probably cutting and welding the mounts.

I actually had guys on facebook asking me if they cold stack two of my plates or if I could make plates for them to give them negative 3 degrees lol.

I am not sure what they are doing but honestly the whole excessive negative camber thing for the sake of looks always puzzled me. As it was always obvious the cars could not be used for much except Hard Parking.:ROFLMAO:
Hey!!! I was one of those guys asking if you could make plates with more than 3 degrees!!!!!

Mikey456

I digressed though. Perhaps his car was in an accident and someone put a stock Fiesta twist beam in rather than a ST? Our stock rear camber range is from–.3 to -.8 alignment spec wise. The only other way is they installed washer shims that some alignment shops stock for that kinda of thing.
I went the spacer route and I noticed when u move the rear wheels out and increase the trac noticed more understeer and less 3 wheelin at lower speeds. The camber mod I’m sure is more effective at race car speeds though.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

Mikey456

By the way you should get a discount (which I did) if you go to an alignment shop. They can’t do a 4 wheel alignment on our cars.