Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Certified Pre-Owned loaded used pricing

As the title says, I'm looking at a used 2018 FiST in Platinum White. Options include Power Moonroof, Ricarros in Smoke Storm, and Navigation. I could take or leave the Nav & Moonroof..

Originally sold in April 2019 and has 20k miles on it. More than I would like to see in a car in 6 months, but still has a bit left on the factory warranty plus it has the 7yr/100k Powertrain warranty since its a CPO.

CARFAX... https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=3FADP4GX1JM142546&partner=FRD_2

Asking price is $17755 which I think its too high. I have $4k to put down and I believe there is 1.99% for up to 60 months for CPO cars through Ford. What is the consensus from this great forum about what good selling price would be?

Or do I try and go New. Only thing in my area in colors I like though is base Magnetic with only Black Wheels/Red Calipers or a couple Platinum Whites with Moonroof. I know there is $2500 rebate right now too. Price one these as well?

Thanks everyone!
blue

That is a bit on the high side but not by too much. Honestly, I would get a new base FiST instead. However, I'm not a big fan of the Recaro's. I know some people are but, I bet they would still grudgingly admit that the base seats are more comfortable.

At the end of the day it's going to come down do what you value more; a brand new car (with all that entails) or, a used higher trim level vehicle.

DesertRat

Just to give you a reference point I paid just over 18K for my new magnetic, moonroof but no nav or recaros. When I searched a month ago I could only find 4 in the valley, 2 black and 2 magnetics. They are getting thin on the ground I think, at least locally.

My brother has a black 18 that he paid 17k for but it only had 10K miles, moonroof and nav. so the one you are interested in does seem slightly overpriced.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
New ones are getting scarce I hear, there is a good chance you will not be able to find a non-moon&nav car.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Yeah, I'm going to try and get to the dealer near me that has the base Magnetic Grey with black rims. Let's see what kind of price I can get. Hopefully its one of those dealers that wants to just get rid of it since its the last year for the car and not one of those that thinks its a piece of gold lol

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I'm going to try and get to the dealer near me that has the base Magnetic Grey with black rims. Let's see what kind of price I can get. Hopefully its one of those dealers that wants to just get rid of it since its the last year for the car and not one of those that thinks its a piece of gold lol
You would be better off NOT going to the dealer for the best price......work from email, no phone at first. Get them down to a good price in writing before going to their turf. If you have another dealer close email them to see what price they can get you on the car, tell them you don't like the other dealer but like the car....odds are the dealer where it is at does not own it so other dealers can get it. My daughter got hers 5 months ago at her local dealer and they trucked it in and beat the price from the other dealer out of town. Also search on the Ford build and price site for FiST's within 100 miles of you. Could save you thousands. Last 4 new Fords in my family came from 4 different states than we live in. Good luck, they are getting hard to find and why my daughter did not wait to get the exact one she wanted.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That is a bit on the high side but not by too much. Honestly, I would get a new base FiST instead. However, I'm not a big fan of the Recaro's. I know some people are but, I bet they would still grudgingly admit that the base seats are more comfortable.

At the end of the day it's going to come down do what you value more; a brand new car (with all that entails) or, a used higher trim level vehicle.
lol speak for yourself. I would never begrudgingly admit the base seats are more comfortable because they aren’t for me. You should not run around making statements like above..because there are a lot of us that sought out the Recaro’s specifically and love them.
I would not want my car with base seats. My friend bought his car with base seats and slid all over the seat. He sought out a set of Recaro’s put them in and was happier than cat with catnip.

lol speak for yourself. I would never begrudgingly admit the base seats are more comfortable because they aren’t for me. You should not run around making statements like above..because there are a lot of us that sought out the Recaro’s specifically and love them.
I would not want my car with base seats. My friend bought his car with base seats and slid all over the seat. He sought out a set of Recaro’s put them in and was happier than cat with catnip.
Maybe they aren't for you; I don't know (or care tbh).

There have been a handful of people on these forums who have offered to trade there Recaro's for the base seats because they (or their significant other) found them uncomfortable for daily driving and/or long distances. While anecdotal, it does say something when someone (anyone) would want to trade seats for reasons other than monetary.

OFC Recaros are "more comfortable" for hard driving, however; I find it hard to believe someone was "sliding" all over their seats during spirited driving. I recently drove 121/128 from Napa to Berryessa (you should know this route since you chimed in about NorCal in another thread) and had no problems. Perhaps it varies based on driver composition, either way I stand by my assessment with the caveat that base seats are more comfortable than Recaros in "most" circumstances (daily driving).

Finally, I never said people don't "love" their Recaros or that they weren't more desirable (for a variety of reasons). I said they weren't as comfortable with the implication that this could be viewed as a positive when purchasing a base FiST.........

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Maybe they aren't for you; I don't know (or care tbh).

There have been a handful of people on these forums who have offered to trade there Recaro's for the base seats because they (or their significant other) found them uncomfortable for daily driving and/or long distances. While anecdotal, it does say something when someone (anyone) would want to trade seats for reasons other than monetary.

OFC Recaros are "more comfortable" for hard driving, however; I find it hard to believe someone was "sliding" all over their seats during spirited driving. I recently drove 121/128 from Napa to Berryessa (you should know this route since you chimed in about NorCal in another thread) and had no problems. Perhaps it varies based on driver composition, either way I stand by my assessment with the caveat that base seats are more comfortable than Recaros in "most" circumstances (daily driving).

Finally, I never said people don't "love" their Recaros or that they weren't more desirable (for a variety of reasons). I said they weren't as comfortable with the implication that this could be viewed as a positive when purchasing a base FiST.........
Perhaps a matter of opinion but you did state “most people would begrudgingly admit the stock seats were more comfortable”
I was calling you on that. It is and was a blanket statement taking opinion into assumed reality.
I am sorry but I do not and never would begrudginly say the stock seats were more comfortable nor would all my buddies who all have Recaros stock or the ones who wound up buying Recaro’s after the fact.
I could say In fact there are quite a few people that feel Recaros are more comfortable than the stocks . I am not. I am only stating first hand reports and not trying to put it on all.
That is the only point I am trying to make here you cannot base the comment you made of anecdotal evidence of a few people going to stock seats from Recaros as “Most people would begrudgingly admit stock seats are more comfortable”

Last edited:
Perhaps a matter of opinion but you did state “most people would begrudgingly admit the stock seats were more comfortable”
I was calling you on that. It is and was a blanket statement taking opinion into assumed reality.
I am sorry but I do not and never would begrudginly say the stock seats were more comfortable nor would all my buddies who all have Recaros stock or the ones who wound up buying Recaro’s after the fact.
I could say In fact there are quite a few people that feel Recaros are more comfortable than the stocks . I am not. I am only stating first hand reports and not trying to put it on all.
That is the only point I am trying to make here you cannot base the comment you made of anecdotal evidence of a few people going to stock seats from Recaros as “Most people would begrudgingly admit stock seats are more comfortable”
SMH......

So my anecdotal evidence is to be discounted and your is to be accepted? Do a search on these forms for "seats" and see what pops up.

Also, what's more plausible; people who have Recaros, paid more for them, and believe they are "better," reluctant to admit the base seats might have ONE superior attribute (comfort).

or.......

People who paid more for Recaro's and are willing to take the financial/prestige hit because they want more comfortable seats.......

So yeah, call me skeptical. It's not surprising people who have Recaro's would reflexively ***cough cough*** disagree with my opinion (you literally put it in your sig LOL).

EDIT: To the OP, sorry for derailing your thread and GL with w/e car you choose.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
SMH......

So my anecdotal evidence is to be discounted and your is to be accepted? Do a search on these forms for "seats" and see what pops up.

Also, what's more plausible; people who have Recaros, paid more for them, and believe they are "better," reluctant to admit the base seats might have ONE superior attribute (comfort).

or.......

People who paid more for Recaro's and are willing to take the financial/prestige hit because they want more comfortable seats.......

So yeah, call me skeptical. It's not surprising people who have Recaro's would reflexively ***cough cough*** disagree with my opinion (you literally put it in your sig LOL).

EDIT: To the OP, sorry for derailing your thread and GL with w/e car you choose.
Lol you assume a lot. I made an observation that ran counter to yours based off actual real world evidence I have experienced. You got yours from reading online and made an assumption.
I never said mine was right yours is wrong . I did call it to question because you stepped into the thread and made a blanket statement off anecdotal evidence i.e. what you read not what you experienced. I did not come in thread throwing out an opinion based off lack of actual experience. I tried out both Recaros amd base seats and quite honestly found base seats not be as comfortable . They have absolutely zero thigh support lol. The bottom pad is a short as well. lol

oh and since you called out the thread thing heres one for you were guys talk about having lower back issues and the Recaros help the stock seats don’t . difference is these people experienced both seats rather than owning one and reading about the other.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ront-and-rear-recaro-seats.21941/#post-377332

Oh and you are probably defensive because you have stock seats . Oh excuse me for saying that. That is your tactic.

Comfort is the eye of the beholder? lol

Oh and you need to have your eyes checked as ya I list Recaros in sig with a comma after them. It then says Ebony wheels! For NoW!
lol not Recaros.
The comma does separate the statement.

oh and ya we should apologize to the OP if you had not made a such a blanket assumption statement we would not have gone done this road of debate.
My bad for calling you it.

have a nice day.

p.s.. I also did not pay more for my Recaros as I got my car for under 20k with 3k of options.

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #12
Boy, you school girls sure know how to FUBAR a thread. If this is what owning a FiST is going to make me, then maybe I don't want one. FFS it's like I'm in a BMW forum

Thanks for what helpful info any of you guys did give though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Boy, you school girls sure know how to FUBAR a thread. If this is what owning a FiST is going to make me, then maybe I don't want one. FFS it's like I'm in a BMW forum.

Honestly you are not off to a good start by throwing insults at a debate. Ya we got a bit off topic and we both apologized . You did not need to start calling people names and resorting to scatological remarks.
Your remarks are uncalled for and if you did not buy the car because of this then you were never meant to own one. lol I would never let a internet forum sway my interest in a car.
Perhaps you should stick to your Mustang.

Spork1569

Boy, you school girls sure know how to FUBAR a thread. If this is what owning a FiST is going to make me, then maybe I don't want one. FFS it's like I'm in a BMW forum

Eh it's an enthusiast car, people who own it are bound to be into cars and have strong opinions.

Just cause there's disagreement once in a blue moon isn't a reason to write off all the knowledge in the forum and a car that's a great platform for enthusiasts as well as someone looking to mod heavily.

This is a great car for the price, and you can't beat the performance to Dollar ratio nor the smiles per gallon you'll be getting. The price isn't really too bad assuming you can negotiate and if it's what you really want it may be worth instead of scouring around for another.

I bought my car used with 24K miles and I've had no issues at all, been tuned since 27k and I'm at almost 45 with no issues besides a broken blend door and small issues here and there(like a boost hose popping off). The reliability is there and performance is as well.

@bluestang I had a similar experience, though I was actually looking for the Recaros and sunroof. (Mine does have nav, though I didn't care about getting it.) My car (a '16) had 1 year of ownership and 13k miles built up. I bought it for $18,000. The dealer I bought from was a no-haggle dealer. Though they didn't do CPO for my car saying that in some cases it just pushes the price a bit higher unnecessarily. I'd say your price is a touch high, not too bad though. (I'd say the same about my purchase price.) The Recaro package drives up the price, imo. You'll love the platinum white! Mmm, sparkles....

OP
B
Thread Starter #16
Been going back and forth with the dealer about the used Platinum White....
We have not got the total bill from service as of yet, nevertheless you will more than likely be looking at 17250 or so as my best plus tax n lic

I cannot substitute the fact mine already has the Roof and Nav & we will have the Certification through Ford

So that's where I'm at with that. Sales tax for me would be 6.75%. New and used car market isn't doing to well right now sales wise, so he's not budging much. I'm sure they got the car in the 14-15k range at the most on trade in.

I do have lower back and hip issues, specific issue for me right now causing problems is "Degenerative disc disease at L5/S1" that I think the Recaros would help with for my daily commute to work of 35-45min each way. And being I'll be keeping this car for quite a while, I'd like to have something I can enjoy for years to come.

I'm going to try and get to the dealership 10 min from my house to look at the new 2019 Magnetic base with Ebony wheels/red calipers this weekend and see what kind of price they can do.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Lol you assume a lot. I made an observation that ran counter to yours based off actual real world evidence I have experienced. You got yours from reading online and made an assumption.
I never said mine was right yours is wrong . I did call it to question because you stepped into the thread and made a blanket statement off anecdotal evidence i.e. what you read not what you experienced. I did not come in thread throwing out an opinion based off lack of actual experience. I tried out both Recaros amd base seats and quite honestly found base seats not be as comfortable . They have absolutely zero thigh support lol. The bottom pad is a short as well. lol

oh and since you called out the thread thing heres one for you were guys talk about having lower back issues and the Recaros help the stock seats don’t . difference is these people experienced both seats rather than owning one and reading about the other.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...ront-and-rear-recaro-seats.21941/#post-377332

Oh and you are probably defensive because you have stock seats . Oh excuse me for saying that. That is your tactic.

Comfort is the eye of the beholder? lol

Oh and you need to have your eyes checked as ya I list Recaros in sig with a comma after them. It then says Ebony wheels! For NoW!
lol not Recaros.
The comma does separate the statement.

oh and ya we should apologize to the OP if you had not made a such a blanket assumption statement we would not have gone done this road of debate.
My bad for calling you it.

have a nice day.

p.s.. I also did not pay more for my Recaros as I got my car for under 20k with 3k of options.
You are really putting WAY too much effort into this.

I think stock seats are more comfortable; I have sat in both but not owned both. I also think a majority of people would agree with that (even if they wouldn't admit it for obvious reasons). If you disagree with that OK. If you want to keep going to "win" this argument; I guess that's ok too??

Frankly, I don't care enough either way to keep going.

GL with your purchase OP!

PhoenixM3

You are really putting WAY too much effort into this.

I think stock seats are more comfortable; I have sat in both but not owned both. I also think a majority of people would agree with that (even if they wouldn't admit it for obvious reasons). If you disagree with that OK. If you want to keep going to "win" this argument; I guess that's ok too??

Frankly, I don't care enough either way to keep going.

GL with your purchase OP!
I’ve owned 2 FiSTs, one with Recaros and one without. I’m 6’1” weigh 195, and definitely prefer to Recaros for aggressive driving and for driving long distances.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
............ I do have lower back and hip issues, specific issue for me right now causing problems is "Degenerative disc disease at L5/S1" that I think the Recaros would help with for my daily commute to work of 35-45min each way. And being I'll be keeping this car for quite a while, I'd like to have something I can enjoy for years to come.

I'm going to try and get to the dealership 10 min from my house to look at the new 2019 Magnetic base with Ebony wheels/red calipers this weekend and see what kind of price they can do.

Thanks all!
Trade-in values that dealerships pay are typically in the dumps. 14-15k sounds way high. Ultimately It'll come down to you sitting in either of the seats and making your own decision. But keep in mind that new leather, typically requires a break-in period. There may be some evidence to say that the bigger folk prefer the Ricky seats, while the lighter folk prefer the standard seats. I'm a feather weight who loves a straight-back position, even for long trips. Personally, I sat in both and didn't want to chance that the Ricky seats would remain uncomfortable after the break in period. Memory serving, I had to cave my shoulders in to let my upper back touch the seat. The standard seats are good, after you operate the lumbar support lever on the right side. Otherwise (and like most car seats) they'll have you sitting hunch-back. But ultimately you're just going to have to sit in both. Obviously it's all personal preference. I also had considered the long term issues with leather cracking up; as I've seen in many older vehicles.

......... if you did not buy the car because of this then you were never meant to own one. lol I would never let a internet forum sway my interest in a car. Perhaps you should stick to your Mustang.
He's simply using the internet forum to gather more information. Nothing wrong with that. Please don't chase away legitimate participants.
......... Your remarks are uncalled for and ...........
It's his thread and I think he's entitled to a brief one-time expression at specifically those who've behaved in an undesirable manner.