Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS 2018 Fiesta ST - 2,700 Miles - Super Clean

Trader history for oregonreign (0)

2018 Ford Fiesta ST (non-Recaro) in perfect condition – always garage kept.
Bought brand-new off the lot in April ’19 - MSRP $22,535

2,750 miles – properly broken-in, never raced, never tracked, never abused.
Completely stock with exception to window tint ($350 Autobahn ceramic tint)
Full Adam's Polishes color correction/wax professionally done on paint upon taking delivery.

I love this thing and it is a blast to drive – truly the best driver’s car out there for the price. Only selling as I’m moving and having multiple vehicles is becoming impractical.
Asking $17,500.

Great opportunity to get what is essentially a brand-new ST and make it your own.
Text for quick response (five-four-one) 261-5710
Cheers!

Attachments

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Not trying to rain on the parade, but some of us bought our cars new for less than you're asking for a used one.
It might take a while to sell at that price point - you generally have to accept a 20% hit the moment you drive a car off the lot, and that's 20% off what you paid, not 20% off the MSRP.

Good luck with sale regardless.

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
Not trying to rain on the parade, but some of us bought our cars new for less than you're asking for a used one.
It might take a while to sell at that price point - you generally have to accept a 20% hit the moment you drive a car off the lot, and that's 20% off what you paid, not 20% off the MSRP.

Good luck with sale regardless.
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I'm not used to having to sell cars significantly under KBB? What should this list for? Not trying to rake anyone over the coals, just want what it's worth. $16,500 even without Recaros seems low based on what I've seen on here..? Thanks!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks for the feedback. Guess I'm not used to having to sell cars significantly under KBB? What should this list for? Not trying to rake anyone over the coals, just want what it's worth. $16,500 even without Recaros seems low based on what I've seen on here..? Thanks!
Well, you mentioned MSRP and most of us got $4000 on average off buying new, I got $4250 off up here in Portland so I didn't have sales tax, but states with sales tax are even more aggressive on deals sometimes. So yeah unfortunately that's a $16,500 deal most likely, sorry to tell you man... These are great little reliable cars, have any others you might want to sell instead? :)

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
Well, you mentioned MSRP and most of us got $4000 on average off buying new, I got $4250 off up here in Portland so I didn't have sales tax, but states with sales tax are even more aggressive on deals sometimes. So yeah unfortunately that's a $16,500 deal most likely, sorry to tell you man... These are great little reliable cars, have any others you might want to sell instead? :)
Appreciate the insight. I do love the car, just in a position where unfortunately I can't keep it and the truck .. and I NEED the truck.

Appreciate the insight. I do love the car, just in a position where unfortunately I can't keep it and the truck .. and I NEED the truck.
Someone might buy it.. I paid $15.5k for mine used - '16 44k miles with recaros and a sunroof I didnt want. Two years ago I got a '16 with zero options for $16.5k but it only had 1500 miles.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya I picked my 18 Orange Spice with Recaros and black wheels new ordered with $5400 of MSRP. Which cane out too $19678.
So that would have been your car for $17K I would tend to agree that you are at a dealership asking price at $18.5K Private party would be lower. I would say you might get bites around 16-17K .

GLWS looks like a nice one.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ya I picked my 18 Orange Spice with Recaros and black wheels new ordered with $5400 of MSRP. Which cane out too $19678.
So that would have been your car for $17K I would tend to agree that you are at a dealership asking price at $18.5K Private party would be lower. I would say you might get bites around 16-17K .

GLWS looks like a nice one.
Never would get one with no options for $17k, more like $18k, especially in a state without sales tax though. OP had to have at least got a $2500 rebate too and like Clint mentioned above, you pretty much gotta take 20% the average sales price.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Never would get one with no options for $17k, more like $18k, especially in a state without sales tax though. OP had to have at least got a $2500 rebate too and like Clint mentioned above, you pretty much gotta take 20% the average sales price.
If mine had been a base the price with my discounts from my dealer would have been $16,700 . There were dealers in Cali dropping base models for $17,300 all day long in late 16 and all the way through 17.
I could have probably snagged a base Orange Spice for that price as the dealer was pushing to unload them. I did not want one I wanted Recaro’s.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If mine had been a base the price with my discounts from my dealer would have been $16,700 . There were dealers in Cali dropping base models for $17,300 all day long in late 16 and all the way through 17.
I could have probably snagged a base Orange Spice for that price as the dealer was pushing to unload them. I did not want one I wanted Recaro’s.
I hear you, but you don't get to stack all the discounts for each option you got when you don't actually get the options, right? And again, Oregon doesn't have sales tax, so the deals aren't as deep to move cars and also never had as much inventory move either. I don't think it's much of a stretch when I say I doubt that a single FiST was sold new in Oregon for any less than $18k... but the main point is that he referenced MSRP and tried to take 20% off of that, but again, since it's a bit different up here I can see a bit of confusion on what to ask for as well.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I hear you, but you don't get to stack all the discounts for each option you got when you don't actually get the options, right? And again, Oregon doesn't have sales tax, so the deals aren't as deep to move cars and also never had as much inventory move either. I don't think it's much of a stretch when I say I doubt that a single FiST was sold new in Oregon for any less than $18k... but the main point is that he referenced MSRP and tried to take 20% off of that, but again, since it's a bit different up here I can see a bit of confusion on what to ask for as well.
Discounts have nothing to do with options. Its not an option dependent situation. You qualify for whatever discounts regardless of the options.
Unless a dealer decides to put a dealer discount on a optioned car over a non optioned car.
In my case my dealer discount was $434 it was small but I stacked 5k in factory rebate and private cash. That 5k had no bearing on the options of the car.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Discounts have nothing to do with options. Its not an option dependent situation. You qualify for whatever discounts regardless of the options.
Unless a dealer decides to put a dealer discount on a optioned car over a non optioned car.
In my case my dealer discount was $434 it was small but I stacked 5k in factory rebate and private cash. That 5k had no bearing on the options of the car.
Yes, thanks for clarifying, I'm definitely referring to the "dealer discount" and the more options a car has then *usually* the higher dealer discount you can usually get there as there is additional profit room they can forgo... Since I got only a flat $3k rebate, they threw in a $1250 dealer discount too, and that was with only the black wheels/red caliper option, because I took the financing they found for me and gave me part of their kick back apparently... in your case, you got so much in *factory* rebates and discounts they didn't offer you much as far as dealer discount, especially if you just used Ford financing, which is so good to start with, maybe there is less room for a larger dealer discount there... So having *that* much in factory discounts I would say is more unusual, most people only get $2500-3500, so I think that's why where the bit of disconnect was, hehe...