Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

215/45-16 for summer STREET use choice?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am trying to decide between two 215/45-16 tires for STREET use on a summer ONLY wheel/tire setup.

Either would be going on a TD Pro Race 1.2 in 16x7 with their offset for our cars.

The two choices are the Kumho Ecsta XS, and the much vouched for on here (and elsewhere, but for a/x, road course use) BFG Rival S.

Has anyone had experience with BOTH (in ANY size/configuration/platform), and if so, what were the tire total mileage differences (down to ~2/32nds), and which at least seemed to be better through deeper standing water on highways??

I figure that the; noise, 'ride', turn-in response, and ultimate grip are going to be somewhat similar, so I am not as concerned with those factors. [wink]

Thanks in advance,

Dave H.

GAbOS

I have not been on the Rivals but I have used the XS. Both are truly considered to be AutoX tires so you will probably get as much if not less milage than the stock BFGs. The XS were a great tire on my AWD setup though.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Yes, even though they both have a rated tread wear greater than the stock Bridgestones' 140 (I'm guessing that is what you meant to say above, not BFGs), with the XS at 180, and the Rival S at 200, I would NOT expect either of them to even last as long as the factory installed Potenzas do, being 'autocross' tires.

I was just wondering which of the two choices above might possibly last longer than the other. [dunno]

GAbOS

I'll ping my friend. Pretty sure he's used both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falken RT615K come in that size and, from what I've read, are on the more "streetable" side of Extreme Perf tires. Anyone have input on them?