Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MP215 in Autox

Hi all,

I’m sure the answer is “Nein,” but can you run the MP215 tune in HS since it is factory approved? Couldn’t you get a fist this way off the showroom floor? (I just really want overboost in 1-2 gears…)

Zormecteon

I don't know about the rules, but the MP215 doesn't overboost in 1st gear. .. That is probably the biggest difference between COBB tunes and Mountune ones.

I've always assumed that the reason for that is not to over stress the CV joints, etc. (and a major reason that it IS factory approved.)

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Also, the tune was factory approved, but I never heard of being able to get the car off the showroom floor with the tune already installed. It had to be done afterwards, and to preserve the warranty, it had to be done by either a Ford dealer, a Ford performance shop, or an ASE certified mechanic.

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #4
Might have the answer in the SCCA rulebook: "Parts available as replacements through the dealers parts department, the factory, or any other source which do not meet standard part specifications (e.g., hardness, size, etc.) are non-compliant in Street Category, except as specifically provided elsewhere in these rules." Even with dealer installation and a warranty, it wouldn't be allowed. Figured, but wanted to check.

I run MP215 in STH. I think it's the perfect amount of extra for the stock turbo, as I can already break traction with RE71RS in 1st/2nd gears; any more torque down low would be pointless . What I think could make difference is more oomph after 4k RPM but looking at dyno graphs, it would require a bigger turbo which IIRC would kick me out of STH

EDIT: But I digress, TLDR; makes car faster over HS but not nearly enough to compensate for poor lines :cry: