Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

215/45R17 Feedback - who's run this size, pros and cons?

TemecFist

I've gone 1.4 g's on RT660's on the street, they are "streetable".....you just wont get alot of life out of them. I've also been 1+ g's on RSRR's, and Toyo r888r's on the street, it took more effort tho, but they definitely last longer.

Not sure if this link will work, but heres a video. R comp tires are noisy, something else to think about.

View: https://youtu.be/65o0KWcYTOk

Holy CRAP it looks like you're hauling ass right there Temec!! Is that sped up at all? Wait, is that what I think it is on the shoulder? Snow?? Great you got a roll cage, hope you won't need it. Wait, do you, or is that my imagination?

Not that I wouldn't LOVE getting 1.4 g's in this fiesta, but I know I'll likely never get close to that, at least on the street. For me, some extra wear mileage and quiet leans towards my needs. Now my '68 Mustang build? That one might get a set of Falken RT660's! It might have a roll cage someday too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do have a roll cage, containment seat, etc, etc. Crazy thing about that snow was, that on that day, the temps were still low 80's, the snow was in the shade. Lol.
The tires in that video were the Toyos, you can see how loud they are. The RT660s are near silent.
I'm glad we could all help you out. Everyone here (for the most part,) always seem willing to help each other out. I've definitely learned alot from some of the guys on here, that's for sure.
Let us know how you like those Neos!!!!

DC_FiST

215/40/17 is a good choice, but fair warning...not a lot of choice for this size compared to stock or even the 205/45 or 215/45.

I had Nitto Neo Gens (on 17x7.5 wheels) before an unfortunate incident forced my hand and I had to replace them. I’m on Nexen N’Fera SU1 tires now, which are actually a little smaller and more responsive than the Neo Gens. I haven’t pushed the Nexens yet so I can’t say which has more grip, but the Nittos were a blast. Great feel, especially when approaching the limit.

Also, if you want more cushion in your ride, Nitto is the way to go. Not a big difference compared to stock, obviously, but definitely noticeable. The Nexens feel the same as the stock wheels and tires over bumps IMO.
I'm shopping for new tires now (on OEM wheels), and the Neo Gens are at the top of my list. What size did you have on your 17x7.5 wheels? It seems 215/40/17 is a good way to go for the stock wheels.

I just came across the Nexen SU1 for a shockingly low price. But the reviews look rough for the Nexen; Nexen N Fera SU1 Test, Review & Ratings of the summer tyre Nexen SU1 N'Fera | AllTyreTests.com

Last edited:
I'm shopping for new tires now (on OEM wheels), and the Neo Gens are at the top of my list. What size did you have on your 17x7.5 wheels? It seems 215/40/17 is a good way to go for the stock wheels.

I just came across the Nexen SU1 for a shockingly low price. But the reviews look rough for the Nexen; Nexen N Fera SU1 Test, Review & Ratings of the summer tyre Nexen SU1 N'Fera | AllTyreTests.com
I had the Nittos in 215/40/17.

I got the Nexens only because a cement truck burst out of a construction area in front of me and littered the freeway with what I would describe as "shrapnel", and two tires slowly went flat. I was on my way to another job site at the time, so since the tire shop I made it to had the Nexens in stock and the Nittos would take an hour to get there, and one tire took a nail to the edge of the sidewall which can't be patched (or at least I wasn't going to risk it), I took what they had and went on my way.

OP
Fish Freak
Thread Starter #44
So here's a report back after running the Nitto Neo Gen tires for a month and change in 215/40R17. Note that unlike my original post I went with a 40 series tire instead of 45. From the standpoint of eliminating tire gap I wish I would have gone with 45 series, however from a gear ratio standpoint, I'm glad I went 40. Note this is a non-turbo S model car that next month will get ST springs and Bilstein B6 shocks front and rear, so it may be a half inch lower in the future. Right now I've just got a back Eibach sway bar, and due to the softer S springs, 2019's came from the factory with a thicker front sway bar than an ST: 21 mm vs 19 mm. I've measured my front and it's 21 mm. Car handles very nicely, I've not found the limit yet on the street. The Neo Gens are nice and quiet, great rating there. Great ride, not harsh at all. Driven in some heavy rain and took quite deep water to hydroplane. Got them Road Force balanced on the Hunter Elite machine at America's Tire and they're smooth sailing at 80+. Would highly recommend this tire for street performance handling.

Attachments