Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

238k FiST

OP
T
Thread Starter #21
Thanks for posting, this is great to hear.
Have you replaced the transmission fluid, and if so when and what fluid did you use?
Also,did you have to replace the clutch, and if so when?
Use Motul 300 but I'm trying this synchro shift that they have on whoosh. I'm actually in the process of replacing my clutch for the first time and having major issue that I can't figure out right now. the pedal is soft no matter how much I tried to bleed the slave cylinder it just won't get stiff. gears grinds on all gears when I try shifting and I have not reverse. any help from you fella gear heads would be super nice.

OP
T
Thread Starter #22
Thanks for posting, this is great to hear.
Have you replaced the transmission fluid, and if so when and what fluid did you use?
Also,did you have to replace the clutch, and if so when?
by that way it started slipping around 190k on high rpm but I procrastinated and just doing it now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Use Motul 300 but I'm trying this synchro shift that they have on whoosh. I'm actually in the process of replacing my clutch for the first time and having major issue that I can't figure out right now. the pedal is soft no matter how much I tried to bleed the slave cylinder it just won't get stiff. gears grinds on all gears when I try shifting and I have not reverse. any help from you fella gear heads would be super nice.
Did you replace the 238K mile slave cylinder with a new one, while you were in there?
For as little as they cost, it is a great idea. [wink] [thumb]

OP
T
Thread Starter #26
Did you replace the 238K mile slave cylinder with a new one, while you were in there?
For as little as they cost, it is a great idea. [wink] [thumb]
I ordered it from whoosh more than a week ago and until now I still have not gotten it. so I proceeded on installing the clutch as I need to the car to work. but then again it's not working out for me well right now. but I did order an aftermarket one which is coming tomorrow I hope that works well.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Blend door actuator but I stop replacing it. That click is part of life now.
Im at 22k, so far no clicking.... [emoji1696]
But I try not to use hvac, and most of all, I leave it on vent setting. If you leave it on anything else, it defaults back to vent on it's own, upon restart of car, thus causing unnecessary wear on the actuator. Stupid design.

Im at 22k, so far no clicking.... [emoji1696]
But I try not to use hvac, and most of all, I leave it on vent setting. If you leave it on anything else, it defaults back to vent on it's own, upon restart of car, thus causing unnecessary wear on the actuator. Stupid design.
Please explain what you mean by 'vent' setting? I'd like to extend the life of mine as long as possible. Thanks!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Please explain what you mean by 'vent' setting? I'd like to extend the life of mine as long as possible. Thanks!
The vents on the dashboard, the ones that blow in your face. So if you have the floor setting on and turn off the car, when you start back up it'll default back to the dashboard vents. It particularly sucks in the winter for me, because I always want the heat coming from the bottom, since heat rises, and I'm not a big fan of the heat blowing in my face directly.

I assume I will eventually have to replace the blend door actuator, but I have been able to stave it off thus far. [emoji106]

The vents on the dashboard, the ones that blow in your face. So if you have the floor setting on and turn off the car, when you start back up it'll default back to the dashboard vents. It particularly sucks in the winter for me, because I always want the heat coming from the bottom, since heat rises, and I'm not a big fan of the heat blowing in my face directly.

I assume I will eventually have to replace the blend door actuator, but I have been able to stave it off thus far. [emoji106]
Good to know...thank you! Does staving off the issue include minimizing use of the defrost setting as well?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

Mine works differently, I have had the vents set to the floor and windshield settings for quite some time. When I start the car back up, it stays on those settings, it doesn't default back to the dashboard vents. However, my blend door actuator has started clicking, just a little bit for now, but I'm expecting it to go the rest of the way at some point.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Mine works differently, I have had the vents set to the floor and windshield settings for quite some time. When I start the car back up, it stays on those settings, it doesn't default back to the dashboard vents. However, my blend door actuator has started clicking, just a little bit for now, but I'm expecting it to go the rest of the way at some point.
It doesn't default on the physical settings on the controls, it defaults inside via the blend door actuator.

I can see when I turn on the hvac after starting the car that it shows that it's set to floor, but I feel the air first through the dashboard vents. After about 5 seconds, the blend door does its thing and switches to what I had it set to.

This is why peeps will most often hear the clicking when they start the car and left the HVAC setting set to anything other than "vent".

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
It doesn't default on the physical settings on the controls, it defaults inside via the blend door actuator.

I can see when I turn on the hvac after starting the car that it shows that it's set to floor, but I feel the air first through the dashboard vents. After about 5 seconds, the blend door does its thing and switches to what I had it set to.

This is why peeps will most often hear the clicking when they start the car and left the HVAC setting set to anything other than "vent".
Interesting, thanks for the information.

It is annoying but not the worst. Cheap solution and takes about an hour of swearing to replace.
I can imagine. Had the issue with my 2017 about 6 months into owning it... the dealership made a real mess of the initial repair (breaking the new blend door and my guage cluster). I think I was driving a loaner for 1 week to 10 days waiting for them to get it right.

I can imagine. Had the issue with my 2017 about 6 months into owning it... the dealership made a real mess of the initial repair (breaking the new blend door and my guage cluster). I think I was driving a loaner for 1 week to 10 days waiting for them to get it right.
That sucks. I wasn't a fan of the process, I don't want to do it again, but I will when it breaks again. I listened to clicking for what felt like an eternity before just busting knuckles a bit and attempting contortionism to fix it.