Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing EXPOSED

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ve worked with 2J for years and never had a single problem. @TemecFist have you? I’ve personally witnessed in-house development of all kinds of parts for multiple platforms. Edit: And I literally called today to ask about parts and she transferred me to him. Zero problems lol. This internet lynching is ridiculous.

Last edited:
This is a thread from the Nissan B15 forum.
I have no reason to doubt him. We need to circulate this info, and finally start ridding the car community of these shysters. View attachment 42778
Those are some big accusations without any backup; from another forum. Be careful who you believe on this one. I am only observing what I see and this looks really suspicious; like a really pissed, fired employee or....?.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Like the claimed said....Go see if you actually are having your car worked on if it's been there for a grizzle and it seems to be taking a long time. That will set you free in the answer you will receive based on the owners excuse or avoidance of you. IMO.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Like the claimed said....Go see if you actually are having your car worked on if it's been there for a grizzle and it seems to be taking a long time. That will set you free in the answer you will receive based on the owners excuse or avoidance of you. IMO.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Everyone is waiting on parts but we all know that right? Things changed.

My coilovers, LSD, Radiator, braces (multiple times) and thermostat were done there plus tons of custom alignments and corner balancing. All by appointment. All on schedule while I waited AT THE BREAKTOOM TABLE. The shop is incredibly inviting and everyone is great to be around.

I’d love to know the OP’s first hand experience with 2J Racing.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
You all need to be much much more careful with how you speak about a vendor's business online. State *facts* only, not hearsay, assumptions, or aspersion - FACTS. I don't think every day users understand the level of potential risk they assume by spouting off on forums/yelp/etc.

Sure, it feels great to vent on a forum when you feel you have been wronged, but defamation suits are a thing, and it would be really really easy for a company to subpoena your details from the site operator and sue you directly.

If you paid them to work on the car, get a timeline in writing. If they won't give you pricing and a timeline in writing, don't give them your money. If they aren't meeting those timelines, send them a timestamped email or registered letter on the subject. Aggregate data and use our judicial system. Go out of your way to be a great customer, document everything, and take action based on that.

Ranting online opens you up to risk at worst, and undermines your case or reputation at best. Be careful out there.

OP
TemecFist

TemecFist

Thread Starter #9
You all need to be much much more careful with how you speak about a vendor's business online. State *facts* only, not hearsay, assumptions, or aspersion - FACTS. I don't think every day users understand the level of potential risk they assume by spouting off on forums/yelp/etc.

Sure, it feels great to vent on a forum when you feel you have been wronged, but defamation suits are a thing, and it would be really really easy for a company to subpoena your details from the site operator and sue you directly.

If you paid them to work on the car, get a timeline in writing. If they won't give you pricing and a timeline in writing, don't give them your money. If they aren't meeting those timelines, send them a timestamped email or registered letter on the subject. Aggregate data and use our judicial system. Go out of your way to be a great customer, document everything, and take action based on that.

Ranting online opens you up to risk at worst, and undermines your case or reputation at best. Be careful out there.
Are you familiar with Anti-SLAPP laws?

And don't forget about this either:

The Defense of Opinion
If a statement or publication is merely inflated hyperbole or rhetoric and cannot be objectively verified, then it will likely give rise to the opinion defense.
A statement that is an opinion does not qualify as a false assertion of fact, which is a requirement for a defamation claim.
Since opinion statements do not constitute defamation, opinion is an important defense that must be considered by plaintiffs before filing their legal claim.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Are you familiar with Anti-SLAPP laws?

And don't forget about this either:

The Defense of Opinion
If a statement or publication is merely inflated hyperbole or rhetoric and cannot be objectively verified, then it will likely give rise to the opinion defense.
A statement that is an opinion does not qualify as a false assertion of fact, which is a requirement for a defamation claim.
Since opinion statements do not constitute defamation, opinion is an important defense that must be considered by plaintiffs before filing their legal claim.
Yes, I am familiar, but to proceed without caution is myopic. The concern is not solely *losing* a suit, its the cost of defending yourself. Even if you ultimately lose, it costs money. You can probably recoup the cost of litigation if you win, but that's... additional time and money. Having been on both sides, it's really not worth it just to spout off and look cool on a forum. I can sustain myself for months/years of a suit interrupting my streams of income, but many cannot. It's like a knife fight - even if you win, you're still going to get hurt. Do you want to get hurt? I'm not saying one can't post opinion, etc. on the internet - simply that being careful about phrasing, which takes just a moment at the beginning, could save you a ton of time and money later.

Most people don't think tactically, or consider the repercussions of their actions, and it can be a very difficult lesson to learn.

At the end of the day, just weigh the pros and cons. Are the potential cons of your actions worth mouthing off on a website? Just because you *can* doesn't mean you *should*. If you're going to take action, btw, and engage legal counsel, the first thing they'd tell you is to shut the fuck up about the issue online because literally anything you say about it undermines your case.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
This literally just looks like the case of a disgruntled ex employee lashing out and trying to harm his former employer. Even if true, as long as products aren't misrepresented then legally there's no wrong done. Tons of "final finishers" out there in the world that buy parts and make slight modifications just to resell them. No idea if any of what this person says is true or not, nor have I purchased any parts from 2J, but everyone should take what's said during a termination dispute with a grain of salt.

I personally have had a very bad experience with that shop. I purchased their turbo package for my old 2005 Sentra Spec V. I paid for a ball bearing upgrade on the turbo, which I discovered later from local shop (Boost Lab) it wasnt a ball bearing (I got them to refund me the upgrade price after arguing with Joe about it). Also the turbo manifold installed by them as part of the over all build was a used part and warped where the wastegate bolted on - so the wastegate bolts kept falling out (2 weeks when the first time it happened). I had that car apart every weekend in my driveway for 6 months (because it was my daily driver) fixing things that 2J Racing screwed up. ALSO I drove the car back to Florida from Georgia (where their shop is) and once at my house I found one lug nut almost completely backed off the passenger front stud. Sadly, I would never would recommend 2J Racing for anything.

as someone running a few of their parts i can see how they may be cheaply acquired and/or made. the fit and finish is definitely not as great as a more reputable company. WITH THAT BEING SAID, ive generally had a good experience with them. i have the intake, exhaust, and motor mount replacement from them. i did have a little issue with the intake (which is now uninstalled) buzzing in the cowl and hitting my cam position sensor connector. this could have been addressed but i just didnt feel like fooling with it so i went back to stock. aside from that, ive never had a problem with their customer service or shipping.

lets face it: the parts he manufactures are substantially less expensive than many other brands. the long and short of it is you get what you pay for. might be a good idea to keep an eye on them but dont jump to conclusions based on one person's bad experience.