Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

43:1 afr while driving...

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
As the title says getting a really high afr. Did a 4th gear pull and after 4k rpm the afr went crazy then shot way lean and stayed there for a min. Did another pull this morning and car is stuck at a 43.66:1 ratio. I'm suspecting oil dilusion do to blowby or o2 sensors fucked.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
It's continuous. Shifting, acceleration, downshifting, letting off the gas. It just sticks to between 42-44 afr

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Even tried turning off car. 14.7 until I push the gas then back to 42+

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine does this while in between shifts* but then is reading normal while pulling air in.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
If the 02 sensor were fouled would it give this type of indication?

Are you sure you are on the right monitor? Actual AFR or AFR Actual is what you should be monitoring. Mine does go into the 40s while shifting, and off throttle decel but reads normal during pulls and idle.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
That's what I'm trying to tell you guys. I know that's a normal afr when downshifting or letting off throttle. This is happening at wot partial throttle idle or cruising. Does not matter. It's constant.

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Also something I considered. Gonna check exhaust when I get home today.

Ha! It would have to be an extreme leak to cause that amount of air to come in to the exhaust. I bet Jason is right - sounds like the sensor crapped out.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
It's so lean though I'm worried about driving it... I just hope it's something simple and just registering incorrectly. If it pumps the cylinder with excess fuel that's not as bad as detonation. If I can get it home maybe I'll figure out it's an exhaust leak. I can always return any unused parts.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Ha! It would have to be an extreme leak to cause that amount of air to come in to the exhaust. I bet Jason is right - sounds like the sensor crapped out.
Yes. But I did just have to edit exhaust to pass inspection. A loose bolt has been a problem before. The heat created in my exhaust is crazy. I read between 1600-2100 degrees which causes an enormous amount of expansion. With me only seeing this on pulls it makes it a logically assumption one of them might not be tight enough. With it getting worse it tells me they are loosening further.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Yep just reset ecu and codes... Actual afr close to 44 afr (pd) at 41... Pretty sure they are fucked. How did I foul them?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
@Rocketst Reflash your tune. I got a stuck rich code the other day right after flashing a new tune. After reflashing, it went away for good. Might be a glitch in the Accessport flash process.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Reflashed, no fix

Bummer, yeah hopefully the O2 sensor does the trick. I would also unplug the O2 sensor on the driver side of the engine and make sure there isn't any corrosion in there.