Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brakes Sticking

Lemme try to describe this as clearly as possible.

OK, morning time, I get in the FiST and start her up. I put her in reverse and ease back into my steep inclined driveway but go in neutral and apply full brakes (thus the car stops on an incline) out of gear. If I release the brake pedal 100%, my car actually remains stopped for about 1 second and then slowly begins to roll backwards. I can do this several times. It's only after sitting idle over night or at work. And it only happens when the car is on an incline and has to roll back after I've been stopped on an incline. Once I drive it around, the brakes don't stick at all.

Anybody have this before? Should I just bring it to the Ford Dealer for inspection?

Worth noting: It's been chilly the past few days, like 30-35 degrees.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
The hill assist feature? Try disabling it via the touch screen.
Wow, I hope that's it! I was on a little incline at a traffic light and then it turned green, I release the break, applied gas and all the sudden I jerk forward, I looked like a complete noob!

I'll disable tonight and confirm if that's what it is. I had no idea that 'feature' existed. Not sure if it's a feature an experienced driver would need.