Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone Running Power stop z26 brakes?

I bought and installed the power stop z26 brakes on my 2015 FiST and they are squeaking like crazy. Especially when I softly depress the pedal. They don't make much noise in hard braking. But around town and in parking lots, its getting annoying. Has anyone ran these brakes and had the same issues? And if so how did you fix it? Also what are some other good brake options for the ST? Thanks!

The squeaking is vibration. I always apply a coating of this across the back of every new brake pad I install and I never ever have any squeaking. I apply it even if there's some antivibration plate on the back of the pad. I'll squeeze a little between the steel plate and the pad. It's like silicone only designed for brakes.
Disc Brake Quiet_CRC.jpg

SrsBsns

Why did you go with the Powerstops over OE? I just did brakes not that long ago and just used Motorcraft blanks and OE pads which I think was cheaper than the Powerstop kit and I'm happy with the stock brakes. Just wondering if the Powerstop kit is better or less dust or if there's a different advantage.

Haven't had this issue. Mine are dead silent. Did you install these on new rotors? Ceramics aren't happy bedding over top metallic.

Why did you go with the Powerstops over OE? I just did brakes not that long ago and just used Motorcraft blanks and OE pads which I think was cheaper than the Powerstop kit and I'm happy with the stock brakes. Just wondering if the Powerstop kit is better or less dust or if there's a different advantage.
The powerstops are decent for daily driver duties. The dust is pretty much non existent. I wouldn't do autocross or anything to spirited though.

XanRules

OP, how are you liking these so far? I'm due for a brake replacement and a full set of these is significantly cheaper than OEM. Right now I'm running OEM rears and Centrics up front which I'm happy with, but they're still real dusty.

The difference in dust is amazing. I got full set with rotors about a year ago iirc. I've not washed my wheels in months, other than blast them with garden hose when washing the car.

I don't track or even drive spirited, so I cannot comment much on performance, but I noticed they don't seem to bite as hard or quickly or ssomething. Can still stop uncomfortably fast, though.
If changing directions, they clack a little. Like if I back out of the driveway and brake, the front pads shift just enough to hear them smack the abutment. Same thing upon first brake after moving forward. I'd say there's maybe 1mm of play.

Edit to clarify, this is my daily driver, I don't ask a lot of the car.