Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Adding fog/driving lights to non-ST without lights

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have a super sweet S-sedan without fog lights, and super trash headlights (as is expected).

I'd like to add in some quality driving lights where a fog light would go if it had a fog light pocket instead of a blank.

Assuming this is doable, I'll need to get housings as well.

I've heard that the wiring is there for all vehicles, just need to add an upgraded switch (D2BZ-11654-A) and use ForScan to enable fogs. I've read that dealer will not enable fogs on a non-fog vehicle?

Can anyone confirm this? Or would I need to manually wire them up?

Next question comes down to the lights themselves. I don't need/want a yellow fog light, I want a good driving light.

What is the difference between this Lighting Innovations kit here @$350:
https://www.rallyinnovations.com/pr...nversion-fo-p4g-lcn-01?variant=41102443446436

And the kit directly from Baja Designs @ $342:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/product...-forrester-2010-12/?vid=3525660437&sku=447601

Looks like I have the option to choose clear or yellow from Lighting Innovations...everything else the same?

I looked at the Diode Dynamics kit as well, but read a lot of negative feedback on that one...but maybe that was for the fog lights and not driving lights, IDK.

Screenshot_20230831_103253_Instagram.jpg

Did this on my sons 2019 SE. You are correct about the switch and forscan. Wiring SHOULD be there but look underneath the passenger side for the harness to be sure (it's easier to see than the driver side) it should be clipped in right where it would plug into the fog light.
Something like this: For 2014-2018 Ford Fiesta Clear Lens Bumper Fog Light Lamps Wiring Switch Kit | eBay
will at least get you the housings....

OP
D

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #3
OK cool!
Tried to squeeze my head under there this weekend but I'll need to get it up in the air on jacks to get a better look.

Did this on my sons 2019 SE. You are correct about the switch and forscan. Wiring SHOULD be there but look underneath the passenger side for the harness to be sure (it's easier to see than the driver side) it should be clipped in right where it would plug into the fog light.
Something like this: For 2014-2018 Ford Fiesta Clear Lens Bumper Fog Light Lamps Wiring Switch Kit | eBay
will at least get you the housings....
Geebs did you use this ebay fog light kit?? Lol, it's so dang cheap I'm a little fearful for the quality.... :oops::LOL:!!

Dave keep us posted what you did, and what you used and if it really helped the anemic lighting in our non-ST cars!

OP
D

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #6
I haven't had the chance or funds to do anything yet unfortunately. :(

Coaching peewee football has used up all my free time and cutting into work hours to make it there on time! Haha...

Now that it's getting darker sooner and we're about to roll the clocks back and I'll be driving in forever darkness, I need to get on this soon!

Looked at Rally Innovations originally, but not feeling the $30 shipping on top of them marking the kit up $10 over the MAP.

1698751082928.png

Last edited:
OP
D

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the video -- I will give that a watch.

This makes me a bit leery though.

1698765779350.png