Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recent Fiesta ST purchase.

JDsPartyST

Hello all,
I just wanted to stop and say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jason, or JD, I have just recently purchased my 2014 Fiesta ST, Ingot Silver. I have always been a hatch fan, even though the car that got me interested was less of the traditional hatchback and more of a sportback, my 1986 Mazda RX7. I have owned quite a few cars in my short 17 years of driving, but have had quite a wide range of 'em. How I ended up buying the smallest car Ford makes at age 32 is a longer story than I care to share, but just know that I decided after test driving this thing that it was my perfect compromise car. My mustangs were fast and fun, but old school and with no utility to speak of. My STi's were crazy fast, with much more utility, but with the added costs of maintenance and insurance, sitting in day to day traffic with a track capable car just wasn't worth the investment, especially with a family to support. So here we are, in a Fiesta. I laugh every time I walk up to the thing, and so do my pals. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything at this point. This car is the PERFECT combination of utility, sport, and economy in a traffic dense area in my personal opinion. That being said, I honestly don't feel as though I am sacrificing much sport with this thing. It will turn into a corner just as hard and even rotate as well as any of my Subarus, and the underrated 212 ft lbs or whatever it is is more than enough to scoot in and out of traffic, and even have some fun doing it. Anyway, without being so long of breath, I just wanted to express my extreme satisfaction with my purchase. Oh, I also love the fact that most people will talk themselves into buying a Focus after cross shopping the two, more uniqueness points for me on the road, and after driving both of them, heh, well, you see what I paid for. I have so much to say about this car but I need to stop now as this IS merely an introduction. Party on!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Congrats and welcome...you made a great choice going with the Fiesta ST.

OP
J

JDsPartyST

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, though trust me... the one thing I don't need is reassurance that I have made the right decision. I consider myself a very well informed consumer, I knew exactly what I was getting into. I will challenge anyone who belittles this vehicle to drive it and maintain their original opinion. It just performs so well in so many areas, it really is an excellent all a-rounder if you don't need massive space. (I personally allow our 2009 "Stg II" Forester 2.5XT to handle the family hauling duties)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard [welcome]

OP
J

JDsPartyST

Thread Starter #9
Get a Cobb AP and your enjoyment will increase 10x
I am very familiar with Cobb and their tuner. That is the one and only mod I. Have planned for the car. In my personal opinion any FWD car with more power than a well tuned stock hardware fiesta is trying too hard. If you want more power you should try to figure a more useable way of putting it to the pavement. AWD or RWD.

Congrats and welcome. The AP is certainly a must. If you're concerned about having an issue putting the power down with a FWD car, get the Cobb RMM when it comes out and a LSD. You should have no issues there.. Pricey, yes but certainly will do the job.

Congrats man. I love my fiesta too! I get complements daily and the other day I literally smoked an Acura tl (previous generation). He was riding my ass on turnpike so when it came time for us to go through a toll he went into the lane beside me thinking he would blast past me once we both went through the toll. We both came out of our tolls and I floored it and could tell he was giving it his all to and I blew him away it wasn't even close! It was such a great feeling,he prob was like man I just been had by a fiesta?hahaha. Also on the same ride home I was racing (ricer comments welcome [tongue]) with an Audi A6 3.2 we were up to 105mph according to my cobb,and my lil beast had no problems keeping up with him even when he would try to break free from me when he had a clear section. Gave me the thumps up when we split ways too [twothumb]. So yea I love our car. [woot]

-ry