Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aero type bar roof rack

In the market of a aero type bar roof rack to haul a two road bikes. Looked at etrailer.com and there are four brands:

Rhino rack aero bar
Thule aeroblade
Inno aero bar
Whispbar aero bar

Anybody have any feedbacks from these roof rack?

Thanks!

I have used rhino rack roof racks for years. always loved em =) if youre interested, i do have a hookup for rhino rack =)

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I have a ROLA bar system with a Yakima rack for my Giant TCR. It fits to it like a charm (it's a fork loader). It literally takes about 6-7 minutes to install/remove the bars/rack so I don't leave it on the car all the time...

It looks exactly like this one:

Attachments

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I just marked the inner side of the roof with a permanent marker so I can quickly reinstall the bars and rack in the same position whenever I want. [biggrin]

Attachments

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
It needs a front bar cover because it whistles a little bit, but other than that it is dead, solid perfect. Putting the front cover on will make it quiet.

I *REALLY* like how easy it is to take on and off. It takes about the same time to install/uninstall as a trunk mount bike rack. It's also very clean looking on the FiST.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8

Works great and can't hear any noise while driving at highway speed. Car is too small, trunk hits the bike mount when open...

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
You can adjust that rack some so it does'nt hit the hatch when it is up. I had the same issue. Just move the bars forward some. Your front one is too far back. Don't worry about what the instructions say, it will be fine. [:D]

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
You can adjust that rack some so it does'nt hit the hatch when it is up. I had the same issue. Just move the bars forward some. Your front one is too far back. Don't worry about what the instructions say, it will be fine. [:D]
Good idea. Did not think about that.

I just marked the inner side of the roof with a permanent marker so I can quickly reinstall the bars and rack in the same position whenever I want. [biggrin]
How does that mount in the rails? I like that a lot better than some clamps running across the doors.

What kind of price did you find it for? Looks like amazon is about 230ish
That's what I paid from Amazon. I found it for $215ish somewhere online. But With Prime shipping and customer service I was happy at 230. I bought it last Friday and with free shipping from the west coast it was at my door in Chicago on Wednesday.

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
How did you mount that without the clamp on the side? I

C. love

Not sure I understand your question. There are four clamps that hold the cross bars to the door sill.

On the picture you posted it looks like the rack is on there minus those brackets. Almost as if its held on simply with the gutters.

Went with the Rola rack as well, they were much more affordable than the Thule or Rhino rack I was looking at, yet they still feel solid. Haven't mounted a bike yet, but will this weekend, hopefully they stay on, lol