Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aftermarket BOV

Stkid93

Premium Account
Im looking at adding a turbo smart BOV. From what I’ve read it looks like the fist uses a recirculating diverter valve when stock. If I add a BOV, will I need to change the tune? And is there anything else I need to do?

slopoke

Are you going to get a unit that will occupy the same location as the diverter valve did? Or are you going to use a true vent to atmosphere BOV? If you get a BOV, all you'll need is to get a vacuum hose from the pressure side to operate the BOV and a diverter valve blank off plate. IIRC, you can use the location of the sound tube to install the BOV. No tune change will be needed for just a BOV..

Last edited:
Are BOV's predictable when they'll vent, i.e. if I want to be quiet I can just keep it below 3000 RPM or 10 PSI or whatever?

slopoke

Are BOV's predictable when they'll vent, i.e. if I want to be quiet I can just keep it below 3000 RPM or 10 PSI or whatever?
If you get a vent to atmosphere, it won't be quiet like a diverter valve. You'll hear the Phshhhhhhhhh, when it opens and vents. If you want quiet stick with one that will occupy the diverter valve spot and does not vent to atmosphere.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
i want a true blow off valve, im just not sure what i need to do that, and where it needs to be relocated to. and which company sells the correct unit

dhminer

2000 Post Club
You can also get a blow off valve that vents to atmosphere for the stock diverted location. You can even get an electronic one that doesn’t require a vacuum line. The best option if you’re wanting to vent to atmosphere for the loud pshhh is to do a symposer port BOV like slopoke said. You can kind of control the noise by staying out of boost. RPM doesn’t matter as much as how hard you push your right foot.

slopoke

i want a true blow off valve, im just not sure what i need to do that, and where it needs to be relocated to. and which company sells the correct unit
Call Ron Miller at Whoosh Motorsports. He's the go to vendor on this message board as well as on Facebook. He'll tell you what you need to achieve your goals.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I’m running the Mountune spec turbosmart BOV for symposer port. I love it. There’s a TiAL kit and a HKS kit as well as a few other turbosmart. You’ll also need a CEL defender and blanking plate both made by turbosmart. Whoosh has all of this stuff.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
yea im looking for the true loud blow off. so it looks like i would need to relocate. also sounds like i will need a blanking plate and CEL defender, i can call ron for sure. are there are kits that come with all that in one that you guys know of?

I had the turbo smart plum black vta that goes on the stock location. Sounds nice and hear more turbo flutter down low. I also have the vee port pro that utilizes the symposer location and I will plan to use with my s280. It terms of sound this one is by far my favorite. It’s not overly loud. I also had the turbo smart em version that utilizes the stock connector. Failed after install and never used it. And finally had the mountune turbo smart version they sell on their site, also utilizes the symposer. That was the most obnoxious imo it went off even after slightly letting off the throttle. Some may like that for the noise. Whoosh will sell kits on most of the blow off valves that comes with everything you need. If you looking for stock location and vta I’d recommend the plump black vta