Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aftermarket downpipe adds 40+ HP?

Im curious to what you guys here say as many have done DP mods many times. Just doing research on all things mods and found THIS article claims a DP with a matching tune will add 40-50hp due to improved exhaust flow. Is that legit? They also say they are technically illegal, although catted won't likely draw suspicion from police if you get pulled over. So if i were to get my car inspected for licensing, will they see the aftermarket DP and fail my inspection? I wasn't planning on getting one anytime soon if at all, but who knows down the road. Just curious as to how much of the above is true.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Mishimoto had a thread on here YEARS ago. Maybe 2014 and they were pretty transparent about their R&D process for their downpipe. It actually lost power over the OEM downpipe.

OEM DP on our cars flows pretty well

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought a DP for my stock turbo 1st year with the car, 2016. The vendor gave me a huge discount because i was having issues with their catback........the DP is still in the box waiting for an s280 to make out with.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Grabbed a milltek catted dp to stuff in between a thermal and a whoosh hybrid. Went back and forth on it and figured if I was doing a ported manifold, hybrid turbo, crossover etc mine as well lose that little choke point in the stock dp. It should change the tone of thermal which I'm excited to see how it sounds.