Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ahoy hoy from CA

I've had my 2016 white platinum metallic FiST for around 3 months now. Love it. It's my daily, but I also use it to dabble in the hoonin' arts.

I've been lurking on the forum for about that time as well and greatly enjoy and appreciate the amount of knowledge yous have contributed here. Looking forward to contributing where I can.

Not too many mods...yet. Pic shows freshly installed Boomba wing risers. I've since gone with lowered Vogtlands, muf delete and res replacement with a Vibrant + 2.5" piping, and just installed a Whoosh race spec RMM. Currently saving up for an AP and FMIC. After that, not sure. I've read that the paint quality on these machines is lamentably shoddy, so I'm thinking clear bra and ceramic coat. But, on the other hand, me want go fast and look good doing it. Recommendations welcome. Cheers.

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!
Yes, the paint is not great. That's what you get at this price point. Anything you can do to protect it will pay off in the long run, and it'll just look better for a longer time. Good if you keep it, good if you sell it. Cry now, smile later.

My only complaints are the cheap paint and OK-but-not-great stereo. If they'd offered an upgraded sound system, I'd have paid for it, but this is a cheap car, and they spent the money making it fun to drive, not luxurious.

They succeeded on the fun to drive part.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Welcome! If I ever make it back up to NorCal for work we can go out for a drive.

I got a '16 Plat White as well. Met up with a local guy last time in Concord.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
Welcome!
Yes, the paint is not great. That's what you get at this price point. Anything you can do to protect it will pay off in the long run, and it'll just look better for a longer time. Good if you keep it, good if you sell it. Cry now, smile later.

My only complaints are the cheap paint and OK-but-not-great stereo. If they'd offered an upgraded sound system, I'd have paid for it, but this is a cheap car, and they spent the money making it fun to drive, not luxurious.

They succeeded on the fun to drive part.
Good info, thanks. A couple well-reviewed places nearby offer different "warranties" on their ceramic coats. Any experience with this? Just trying to gauge how long I'll be crying it out after dropping $1k vs. several $1000s for longer warranties.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
California dreamin' stops when you get a second degree burn from touching the metal tab of your seatbelt lol
While it was decades ago, many decades, I grew up in Florida, so I know what you mean. Going back for HS reunions totally sucked bc they are always in July or August.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
While it was decades ago, many decades, I grew up in Florida, so I know what you mean. Going back for HS reunions totally sucked bc they are always in July or August.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
- jump in car during summer wearing tank top
- get second degree burn on nipple from the seatbelt tab
- profit?

Welcome to the forum new dude!