Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air lift crafter package?

Hey everyone,

I am interested in installing air suspension in my fiesta st.

As of now I cannot find a kit for our cars anywhere. What I found is the airlift crafter package which is decently priced and comes with everything but struts. I don't know much about air suspension, but from what I gathered on a thread on stance works is that to make this package work you have to cut you're struts and weld them to fit your desired height. Which I don't understand how that works at all. Couldn't really tell what you have to cut?

Does anyone have any Expeirence with universal kits like this? Is it even possible for the fiesta?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, because I am lost at this time. Haha

Thank you!!!

C. love

Air lift kinda suck due to their poor customer service. I contacted them and they were unhelpful clowns. In addition the kits are also slow due to the small lines and orifices. . You can piece a kit together pretty easy and make it 10x better. You get everything but bags from accuair you then get universal bags from here

http://www.universalairsuspension.c....html?osCsid=42f05d5429d2724fd3544775071fa100

You can then either use your stock shock/struts or get BC dampers and use bags in place of the springs

You will spend a bit more money but its very worth it

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Wow thanks man. Any way you could maybe point me in the right direction of what I would need part wise and how to do it?

That would be awesome!!

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Like I know the front air shocks go over the strut but the tears are seperate? And I don't know what size strutd I need?
Can I get ones from BC that'll work without cutting or welding anytning?

So what exactly is the advantage of an air suspension? I get you can vary ride height. But as far as handling, is their anything to be gained? Seems like a lot of weight to add to a light weight car that already handles pretty great stock.

C. love

So what exactly is the advantage of an air suspension? I get you can vary ride height. But as far as handling, is their anything to be gained? Seems like a lot of weight to add to a light weight car that already handles pretty great stock.

To be low and park even lower. Its not really about performance per-say its more about looks although bagged cars can handle well.

C. love

Like I know the front air shocks go over the strut but the tears are seperate? And I don't know what size strutd I need?
Can I get ones from BC that'll work without cutting or welding anytning?

The strut bag slips over the sturt as if it were a spring its pretty simple. im sure you can youtube it for a visual. You need to know the size of the strut shaft thats in the center of the spring. If you get BC coilovers. you need to know the center of those. If you get BC shocks you have to buy the 1000 coilovers ditch the springs and replace with the bags. The rear of the FIST is a shock spring so you just get a different bag type for there and you have to bolt it in. Drill a few holes for the bolts and the air line.

As for electronics there are many different options from line and tank size to how much functionality you want. Its probably best to call accuair and tell them your end goal and budget and they can get you set up

Ford Community Posts