Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aliexpress dowpipe.... it´s recommendable?!?!?!

OP
ehdzalcantar
Thread Starter #5
I used to buy knock off knives on aliexpress. You know an $1200 dollar designer for like 60 bucks. That site made me feel dirty and I had to stop lol
Jajajajajaajajajaj. Maybe is different in México, I bought some artículos without problem but I want to know an other opinions

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
You know there's quite a bit of difference in the metallurgy, right?
Yeah most of the chinese use D2 on their top tier knock offs. And I am sure the heat treat is not all there as well. They get oiled and put back in the box for years at a time. The Microtech otf's are probably like 80% of what a real microtech is and I only got these things to play around with, not as actual carry tools or anything.

slopoke

If the price from Whoosh with shipping is reasonable to you, I'd get one there. Whoosh is a major online retailer of aftermarket parts for the Fiesta and Ron, the owner of Whoosh, stands behind his Whoosh branded products and gives excellent customer support. He is also on this website and Facebook daily.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...rand-fiesta-st-downpipe-catless-free-shipping

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Yeah most of the chinese use D2 on their top tier knock offs. And I am sure the heat treat is not all there as well. They get oiled and put back in the box for years at a time. The Microtech otf's are probably like 80% of what a real microtech is and I only got these things to play around with, not as actual carry tools or anything.
ok yeah lots of that chinese d2 is overheated during the factory grind and the edges can get crumbly until you grind past it, even happens with well known knives like the qsp penguin. WE/civivi has some of the best chinese d2 ive seen