Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

All 4 STOP TECH Pads going out at the same time?

I threw a slotted rotor and upgraded pad kit from Stoptech last spring. About 15k miles on them (2 TOD trips and a couple track days) and all 4 corners started grinding at the same time with zero warning. Anyone else have this happen?

I threw a slotted rotor and upgraded pad kit from Stoptech last spring. About 15k miles on them (2 TOD trips and a couple track days) and all 4 corners started grinding at the same time with zero warning. Anyone else have this happen?
I don't have experience with StopTech pads or slotted rotors, but I do have some experience on the track with my FiST a couple times (6?) in the last 8 years. I usually predict that "normal" FiST brake pads (Mastercraft summer, EBC yellow, EBC Blue) with be gone in 2 track days (4 or 5 15min sessions in a day at DCTC in Rosemount MN- which is a small "slow" speed track - 90mph max).

So your experience seems about right depending on the temperature rating of the brake pad that you are using. The EBC Bluestuff pads I used held up a bit longer than the Yellowstuff, so pad temp rating is quite important.

I do find that my car eats both front and rear pads pretty evenly on track since the rear is used for a lot of the electronic stability control stuff that you cant fully disable, so all 4 at once isn't too surprising either.

I'm not trying to sales pitch anyone's product, just what I have experience with. I currently run the Motorcraft "summer" pads since they are half the price of EBC and work almost as well (quite squeaky in the -10F weather we have had this week lol).

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Track burns through rear pads because of TVC. Unfortunately you can’t turn it off. Sport Mode eats pads too especially the front pads at corner exit. I’ve never had a car eat rear pads as fast as this one does.