Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Annoying noise plz help!!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Some of that is the howl from having a massive air filter on a short ram intake. They can get really loud when they are wide open sucking in as much air as possible. As for the rattle. Look to see if it can wiggle and bump things underhood.

OP
Yarpol
Thread Starter #4
There isn't a solution....its intake/ diverter/turbo noise. If you don't like it id suggest going back to Stock box with a high flow panel filter
Didn’t start till about a week after I put the intake in and it makes the noise sometimes right as soon as I hit the gas from being completely stopped so I can’t see it being all intake noise

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Pol the hood and have someone barely crack the throttle open. You might not have noticed it the first week. Like i said do a once over of fasteners and couplers. Make sure its not loose.

When I bought the 2014 car last October, it had a lot of aftermarket intake stuff installed over the years. Also, there were large foam pieces around the front part of the intake. I thought it was perhaps to reduce intake temps and subsequently charge temps, but it was a lot of stuff that didn't need to be there... So I removed it. Wow, awful sounds... although I can see why some people like it; honestly, I was pretty embarrassed to drive the car with all the noise it made. Installed an OEM crossover, and a Whoosh silicone intake pipe to the stock airbox (or ST200 same thing) and I couldn't be happier.