Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Prediction: FiST as Future Classic

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Also how will you charge your car to go to work if there is a power failure? I guess you could put a small generator in the trunk for emergencies lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Power utilities will definitely have to place more of their infrastructure underground. (far greater reliability) With newer neighborhoods, that's already been done from their inception. The zillions of older neighborhoods would need to be upgraded. As with telecommunications tech, rural areas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Broadband_Plan_(United_States)) will fall further behind. In order for us to move forward and not have a slow recovery, again, half of Govt will need to quit wholesale blocking, stalling and sabotaging the other half.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
We built the interstate highway system and brought phone lines to every community and send people into outer space.

An efficient, dependable renewable energy infrastructure is not outside of our capability. We are the United States of America.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ultimately the thing these threads all boil down to is the owners feeling better about their purchase. It seems like some people think it's going to be worth more than what they paid, though, which I just don't think is going to happen. Hoping a car turns into a collector's item is a completely unrealistic ownership goal.
Yeah, I don't think this car will ever be a serious collector's item. I think it will be more like the CRX or Neon SRT4: A fun little car, for when it was made. Like the CRX and SRT4, it will eventually be hard to find a clean one that hasn't been modded to death and beat on.

Those cars will be worth something, but they're not going to appreciate.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
At the price of today's cars I don't think any car is going to appreciate.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ultimately the thing these threads all boil down to is the owners feeling better about their purchase. It seems like some people think it's going to be worth more than what they paid, though, which I just don't think is going to happen. Hoping a car turns into a collector's item is a completely unrealistic ownership goal.
EXACTLY!
I did NOT buy this car for any 'resale value', or laughably 'faux appreciation' expectations, but simply because it was/is the BEST 'bang for the buck' value in a small, nimble hatchback (and yeah, the whole WRC/M-Sport, only USDM nameplate manufacturer involved in world rallying thing, as well [wink]).

Intuit

3000 Post Club
EXACTLY!
I did NOT buy this car for any 'resale value', or laughably 'faux appreciation' expectations, but simply because it was/is the BEST 'bang for the buck' value in a small, nimble hatchback (and yeah, the whole WRC/M-Sport, only USDM nameplate manufacturer involved in world rallying thing, as well [wink]).
Yip. Could give two nickels about resale... or what other people think about it for that matter. I like it.

but simply because it was/is the BEST 'bang for the buck' value in a small, nimble hatchback
That's the exact reason I got mine. I grew up when the VW GTI was first coming out and had a number of those in the ensuing few decades (83, 86, 96 and then an 08 R32) so I have never lost my love for the so called hot hatch type car. I definitely think my 19 FiST is the most fun car out of them all✔️

That said, I wish I still had the R32, those cars are fetching relatively high prices these days.

As far as electric cars go, I have had five BMW i3 and have one now as well. That car has shown me that an EV can be fun to drive and exceedingly nimble (and the efficiency is off the charts). I get about 200-220 miles of around town driving for maybe 5 bucks in electricity.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ironically, I also had two VDub hot hatches as well (and '83 GTI, and an '89 GTI 16V, both bought new and owned for 6 years, and 8 years respectively), and yes, this car is just as 'tossable' and nimble as those were, if not much more so, as well as obviously much quicker, even factory stock.

I actually like the performance of a lot of the pure electric cars out there, but I am just a bit too 'old school' as far as desperately needing that visceral, soul stirring, I.C.E. 'sound' (and feel) which is absent from electric motors. [wink] [:(]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
We built the interstate highway system and brought phone lines to every community and send people into outer space.

An efficient, dependable renewable energy infrastructure is not outside of our capability. We are the United States of America.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Sure problem is its going to take years to build the infrastructure for an Electric grid to handle all those Electric cars. Not only that but you still have to run that grid off fossil fuel power plants. As other forms do not provide enough power outside of Nuclear which is no longer going to happen as it is a quote “hot button issue“.
I laughed when Gavin Newsom announced a mandate for California of no new ICE cars being sold by the year 2035. We have a bad enough problem with our power grid handling the amount of power drawn down during the extreme heat waves we are having because of climate change. Rolling brown outs are real and done. LOL whole state running electric cars. Hell PGE and SoCal Edison are both guilty of not maintain the infrastructure as it is which has contributed to our massive wildfires in the last two years.

Ya basically Electric is great on paper but its not thought out. Not saying we cannot do it. I am just saying realistically it would take Herculean effort to do it and time. We are not the country we were in WWII current Americans are shall we say more lackadaisical.
Americans do not want to work the hard labor jobs anymore. Majority want to be in White collar even if they are not cut out for it.
Its sad I and I hate saying it but its true. Its a mindset thing that has to change before what you are talking about can happen.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Sure problem is its going to take years to build the infrastructure for an Electric grid to handle all those Electric cars. Not only that but you still have to run that grid off fossil fuel power plants. As other forms do not provide enough power outside of Nuclear which is no longer going to happen as it is a quote “hot button issue“.
I laughed when Gavin Newsom announced a mandate for California of no new ICE cars being sold by the year 2035. We have a bad enough problem with our power grid handling the amount of power drawn down during the extreme heat waves we are having because of climate change. Rolling brown outs are real and done. LOL whole state running electric cars. Hell PGE and SoCal Edison are both guilty of not maintain the infrastructure as it is which has contributed to our massive wildfires in the last two years.

Ya basically Electric is great on paper but its not thought out. Not saying we cannot do it. I am just saying realistically it would take Herculean effort to do it and time. We are not the country we were in WWII current Americans are shall we say more lackadaisical.
Americans do not want to work the hard labor jobs anymore. Majority want to be in White collar even if they are not cut out for it.
Its sad I and I hate saying it but its true. Its a mindset thing that has to change before what you are talking about can happen.
I love nuclear power and I hate that we have given up on it sure bad things can happen, but Chernobyl for example is now a wildlife dream come true.

I agree with you, you are definitely correct on the issues.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Nope, people only want jobs that it's cool to post pics of on Instagram

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Best guess is my 2016 with sun roof and paint as the only factory options and the MP-215 Mountune was installed and registered would bring a good price. Current value bases upon recent sales say I can get 60-65% of my cost if I wanted to sell. Average depreciation is almost 65% @ 4 years or selling for about 35%. I am at this point on paper doing about 30% better than the average car on my FiST. I'll take that! Not that I do want to sell or would even consider selling it. I stated when Ford announced killing off the FiST that well maintained cars would hold their value well and they are, even good quality modded cars are bringing good prices. I still say the same. Their will be two buyers in the future, those that want a cheap little road burner to drive like hell, smile lots and have tons of fun. They will take advantage of those that paid the money and did the labor to mod the car and save a ton of money for what they are getting. Some will also get abused dogs with cheap upgrades if they have no one to give good advise. Then there will be collectors that wants one for a little driving fun, he wants no BS over illegal mods and one that has not been driven into the ground. They will be well healed and willing to pay a premium price for a nice example to add to their multi car collections. Will I get rich on my car? No, but I will do better than normal depreciation on an average car if I ever do sell it. Their are many collector cars that will always continue to go up in price, you cannot buy an older V12 Ferrari that will not go up in value every year along with vintage Porsches and the like. All you need is the price to buy into the club.........our beloved FiST will never be mentioned in this kind of club! On the other hand I can see Jay Leno buying one some day!

the duke

Ironically, I also had two VDub hot hatches as well (and '83 GTI, and an '89 GTI 16V, both bought new and owned for 6 years, and 8 years respectively), and yes, this car is just as 'tossable' and nimble as those were, if not much more so, as well as obviously much quicker, even factory stock.

I actually like the performance of a lot of the pure electric cars out there, but I am just a bit too 'old school' as far as desperately needing that visceral, soul stirring, I.C.E. 'sound' (and feel) which is absent from electric motors. [wink] [:(]
Have ridden electric motorcycles, and a few cars.

Hard pass.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I think the comments about the sound of an internal combustion engine is dead is disturbing as the one most endearing feature to my wife in her Coyote Mustang is the variable exhaust sound. 15 minutes after picking her new car up the mode was put into Sport Plus and the growl is awesome. It has never come out of that mode over a year later and she can recognize the Ford V8 sound whenever she hears it. Calls the car "rumble mobile". Driving a high performance car is a multitude of sensations and the music of a well tuned engine with a nice "growl" in the exhaust is the epitome to me. If you have been lucky enough to hear a 60's Ferrari V12 you will never forget it. Hearing a Indy car V8 screaming down the track is awesome hearing 20 go by @ 12,000 RPM in the race mode is a sound so loud and visceral that it leaves no doubt about the power in those engines. Ford knows this , hell our FiST came with a "symposer" to pipe in a fake engine sounds to enhance the driving qualities. So I and many others are "wired" to the sound of a high performance cars. One of the most popular "mods" to performance cars has always been an exhaust. Yes we say it is for the increase in HP. But we know what little HP they can provide is at the top of the RPM range where it is usable for milliseconds. But what a great sound we get. How many Forum threads concern audio clips of a mufflers sound for our cars? Who wants to drive a car that you do not like the sound of or lack of sound. I can see future electric sports cars with a switchable engine sound mode, 4 cyl, straight 6 cyl, twin turbo V6, V8, flat crank V8 and a V12. Imagine the marketing hype of who has the best "symposer sounds". Even after market mods to add other custom sounds to make your "electromobile" sound exactly like a Enzo Ferrari. Oh, the wonderful days ahead! LOL

Thankfully I'll be dead by that time! But I will die with my driving memories of my Saab 99 with an Abarth exhaust, not fast but a glorious sound. The sound of my built Olds Rocket 350 V8 with headers and a non crossover dual exhaust. Rumbles and pops from hell. Ever heard an inline six 60's XKE driven hard? Such a sweet rich smooth sound that said "Classy" sports car as opposed to the sound of a small block 289 in a Shelby screaming @7000 rpm "Bad ass American" sports car. The sound of the early turbo 4's and 6's where you as the driver could hear the turbos spooling up, HP was pitiful but by God you were driving a TURBO and every one around knew it. The we hit a wall for years with the 4 cylinder "fart can" sound that still turns my stomach. But Ford solved the issue in the current Mustangs. For about half the cost of an exhaust system "upgrade" You have a Stainless steel forever exhaust and a switch that turns your Mustang from a Camry quiet mode to several levels of loud, Louder, and wide ass open exhausts. (Useful to drive through a parking lot and set off peoples car alarms for the fun of it!) It is the sound that says "sports car" that we as performance car drivers crave. Sound sells!

Id bet money that this car will follow the same path the SVT Contour and SVT Focus did. In 20 years mint ones will be a "oh wow theres one left!" vs a pay day. Both of those have hit a point where it's more profitable to part out a running car vs selling complete which is sad. Prices for SVT Foci seem to have spiked but i fully blame the weird market caused by corona

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you have been lucky enough to hear a 60's Ferrari V12 you will never forget it.
When I was 14 years old, I was in Brookdale Park in Bloomfield, N.J., and I witnesses a lime green, 'sidewinder' V-12 Lambo Miura take off, WOT up one of the park's exit ramps.

I can STILL recall that very 'sound' today, at 65! [wink] [thumb] [driving]

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
When I was 14 years old, I was in Brookdale Park in Bloomfield, N.J., and I witnesses a lime green, 'sidewinder' V-12 Lambo Miura take off, WOT up one of the park's exit ramps.

That's definitely the kind of thing you remember. I was fortunate enough to drive one Ferrari in my life, a '65 V-12 Lusso like the one below that a wealthy family friend was kind enough to let a young car fanatic drive. I was driving it very slowly and carefully, being respectful, and he said you've got to really drive it hard or you'll foul the spark plugs. He didn't have to tell me twice. What a sound!
1604613617844.png

Last edited:

You got lucky The only thing I've ever seen at Brookdale Park is a Ferrari Lusso but it was still a fond memory.