Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another shark fin antenna option installed/reviewed

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey folks!

After installing my wing risers a week or so ago I decided it was time for a shark fin. Not wanting to pay $80 for a perfect color-match that some have installed, I found a $24.02 (shipped) version and took a chance.

LINK to purchase...

Mine is black but they have other colors I believe.

Color is close enough for me; it's not perfect and doesn't have the metallic flake but then again the OEM antenna is flat black and doesn't match either, so it doesn't bother me. 99% of people looking at it wouldn't know it was not a perfect color match. Also the quality is about 95% there, there are a few tiny barely-visible imperfections in the piece but not something normal people would notice. If you're super type-A it might bother you, but not me.

It's just short of 8" long...fit is perfect, it slides easily over the stock hump and even includes a screw and 3M tape (cut to size) for mounting. Once installed it is pretty snug meaning there is very little play which is good. Clean the paint, measure, measure again, measure one final time, apply 3M tape, screw in, mount, took 10 minutes. I'm really happy with the look. Not sure about the reception but I'll drive it in the next days and try out the radio and report back.

If you're looking for an alternative to the expensive color-match shark fin antennas, you'll be happy with this, I think.

Pics:

Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:
EBay ad said:
This is a replacement part for your antenna, itcan enhance the signal and achieve the purpose of decoration, let your car morebrilliant .It's time to replace the shark fin antenna for your car now! !
Was your car let to be more brilliant? Lol!

That does look good though. Good find. How's the reception with it?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Was your car let to be more brilliant? Lol!

That does look good though. Good find. How's the reception with it?
Yeah that ad is pretty funny. I definitely let my car more brilliant, and in addition, though unexpected, I have achieved the purpose of decoration. Two birds with one stone, all for a mere $24.

Reception is crystal clear, I tested it on my drive to work tonight. It actually has a circuit board inside, though I didn't get a picture of that....not sure how that works but this thing does more than add brilliant and decoration.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Merry Christmas everyone. Need to update this thread, I noticed the other day that my budget shark fin isn't lasting....2 1/2 years later the paint has proven to be crap. Even garaged and out of the sun it looks like this. So I removed it and went back to the shortened stocker. Note this is just from driving - I always wash the car by hand and the paint is perfect. Only the antenna looks like this.

So if you're researching, I don't recommend buying this product anymore.

https://public.fotki.com/greentrees2/actuator-and-maf-mod/1577278313438.html]
[/URL]