Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

any board members at NEFR this weekend?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am here volunteering (at New England Forest Rally) and I've seen quite a few FiSTs buzzing around, a white one was parked up in the big spectator parking lot on the last stage (and also back in the Sunday River parking lot at the barbeque/awards ceremony), and I was behind what looked like (it was getting dark at this point) a black one with some sort of crackle/pop tune on the way out of that stage, and all the way on 26 south, back into town.
Anyone on here? [dunno]

There was a Kona blue one in Bethel at the Dunkin' Donuts, and I stopped and spoke to him, but he's not on any of the forums.

There were also more Fiestas entered in this event than I've ever even heard of for a U.S. rally, and Barry McKenna got second overall in the event, with many other Fiestas in various forms/classes placing high in their respective classes. [thumb] [driving] [raceflag]

I’ll be there next year. Just as a spectator but will take the trip inland to check it out for sure! Any tips on where to go to watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
The very first stage (Concord Pond) has a GREAT spectator area, with a fairly good 'yump' in it which has the cars airborne for a good ways (but NOTHING like 'Colin's {McRae} Crest' in the Swedish round of the WRC).
Sadly, I never get to work this stage, so I've never actually experienced this show. [:(]

The very last stage also has great spectator areas, and being the shortest one of the whole event, and a last chance if anyone is close to the next best competitors, most of the crews do not hold back on this stage, unless they have a BIG lead. [wink]

Other than those pretty much ANY stage is worth watching, but remember that these roads are shut down at least 2 hours ahead of the first actual rally car starting the stage, and you will not be able to leave the stage until AFTER the LAST sweep vehicle passes through.

SPhilli911

Been trying to go to the NEFR previous years, but something else always comes up, so this year is hopefully the time I go. I love rally, just never been to an event yet. Just look out for the ST with "WRC" plate, that's me. :cool:

Also, about 2 weeks before this, in NH, is the Climb to the Clouds Mount Washington Hillclimb. If you're into rallying, that may be worth checking out too, but keep in mind it is not an annual event, they run every 2-3 years. I've been to the previous 2 events and had a blast.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I always wanted to go to the MWH, but never had the chance to get there, part of the reason being I am only 'budgeted' enough for NEFR, and maybe one other rally per year. [:(]

But, I LOVE IT up thar, so IF my situation ever improves, I will go to that event, as well as the Sno Drift Rally (I REALLY MISS the Maine Forest WINTER rally, and worked every one they ever had in the past [wink]).

IF you make it to NEFR this year, look for a magnetic with BIG AZZ SMS mud flaps, lots of M-Sport/MS-RT stickers, and black Method wheels on it, working with Matt Kennedy's crew.