Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any good deal on 2019 Fiesta ST in Los Angeles area (or w/in a few hundred miles from it)

After seeing other people getting good deals on 2017/2018 Fiesta ST's, I have contacted several dealers in LA area, but I have not been able to find anything better than getting $2500 - $3000 Ford incentives together with only $500-$1000 dealer discount.

Has anyone got $2,000+ dealer discount recently like before? Maybe I need to wait until toward the end of the year in order for the dealers to get more motivated and give out higher discount.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Apply online for a brochure sometimes they put private cash offers in them. I was able to secure a Private cash offer on mine through another member here who posted the code, when I bought mine. I managed to secure a 3k rebate a 2k private cash offer and a $400 dealer discount on my ordered 18. Patience really was part of it. When I ordered it the rebate was not as high.
Over the course of the order things came together for me. I was able to get my car for $19678 before tax and lic which is smoking for a Recaro equipped , black wheel, tri color paint in California.

You only have a month left to order unless your willing to take whats on the lot. That is the other way to get a deal. Also do not be afraid to shop dealers and pit them against each other.

Search for the best prices online after eligible rebates. I would say at this point it might be worth while to visit some dealers and play them. See how serious they are about moving a car.
You can do this on the net but sometimes walking in locks it down. I have found internet sales guys on the west coast are hard to pin down.
Also try and get Fleet managers or sales managers as both have the power to make the deal exactly how you want it. The regular sales guys have to go back and forth to their managers.
Oh and don’t be afraid to walk or end communication with an ulitimatum .
I walked on the largest Ford dealer in the world because they were just too reluctant to give me what I wanted. Lol And they are the ones that service my car now because they are a Performance dealer. I traveled a little farther and got what I wanted and it was an in and out under an hour and half split by two visits.

OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #3
Dpro;
Thank you for your input.

- I have been trying to find where I can apply for brochure online, but I have only been able to download pdf brochure. Any suggestion?
- Is Ford still giving out private cash? I have not seen any mention of it lately online.
- I am interested in the base model w/ black wheels but nothing else, so most dealers seem to carry it. Hence, no need to special order.
- I have already been in contact with several dealers in the area, and the largest dealer located in the valley is one of them. They don't seem to be very willing.
- Which dealer did you end up getting yours from?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dpro gave some great advice.

They're going to stop making these cars very soon. You may not get a super great deal, now. You should certainly try.

This car is a bargain at MSRP, and you won't pay that.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Dpro;
Thank you for your input.

- I have been trying to find where I can apply for brochure online, but I have only been able to download pdf brochure. Any suggestion?
- Is Ford still giving out private cash? I have not seen any mention of it lately online.
- I am interested in the base model w/ black wheels but nothing else, so most dealers seem to carry it. Hence, no need to special order.
- I have already been in contact with several dealers in the area, and the largest dealer located in the valley is one of them. They don't seem to be very willing.
- Which dealer did you end up getting yours from?
Autonation Ford Valencia. You have visited the dealer I walked on. Lol

I just did a quick look up of dealers in a 100 ride radius two dealers came up cheapest Airport Marina Ford and Sunrise in Glendale. You may have to cast a wider net or try to find a 18 still on someones lot . Prices seem to be higher than this time last year. California dealers may be playing up this is the last of the last and also trying to play an ST line against it.

Last edited:
OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #6
Autonation Ford Valencia. You have visited the dealer I walked on. Lol

You should be able to get a base at around 18-19k unless they have limited numbers at this point and know no more are coming in. I.E. they have stopped ordering them already.
I have not visited Galpin. I just communicated with them via email. They had the most inventory so I thought that they might be more motivated. I was wrong. In general, all the dealers in Van Nuys are pretty lame. They are closest from where I am at but I never buy from any of them.

With $3000 Ford incentive, it's easy to get a base w/ black wheels for $19000, but trying get it down closer to $18000 has not been successful at all. I want to get it for around $17500 so that I can keep OTD below $20k, but I may need to go over a little.

I have located four 2018's in SoCal. Two cars have the exact config I want, and I have been contacting the dealer via email, but they have not responded. They are located 70 miles outside of LA, so I cannot just go there.

Indeed, prices seems to be higher now than a year ago, but I don't think that these cars will be selling like hotcakes, and they will eventually come down. The rest of the world has already moved on with a new model.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have not visited Galpin. I just communicated with them via email. They had the most inventory so I thought that they might be more motivated. I was wrong. In general, all the dealers in Van Nuys are pretty lame. They are closest from where I am at but I never buy from any of them.

With $3000 Ford incentive, it's easy to get a base w/ black wheels for $19000, but trying get it down closer to $18000 has not been successful at all. I want to get it for around $17500 so that I can keep OTD below $20k, but I may need to go over a little.

I have located four 2018's in SoCal. Two cars have the exact config I want, and I have been contacting the dealer via email, but they have not responded. They are located 70 miles outside of LA, so I cannot just go there.

Indeed, prices seems to be higher now than a year ago, but I don't think that these cars will be selling like hotcakes, and they will eventually come down. The rest of the world has already moved on with a new model.
Thing is most of these dealers do not have a large stock of ST’s so they can hold out and they will to get people to buy them. After all its only mid 19 they can sit them on there lots till the right people come along.

I was shocked when i went to the Mountune meet and ran into a number of 17-18 owners and found out what they had paid for base models. Strip my car of options it would have been $16700. I went around with dealer prices twice in two years. In 17 you could pickup a base for $17,300 I probably would have bought a base if it was not for the fact that I wanted Smoke Storm Recaros with Orange Spice Paint.Prices for 18’s went up and it looks like prices for 19’s did as well.

The rest of the world moving on with a new model has no bearing on what happens here. We are stuck with what we have and people like you are still interested in picking them up.

OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #8
Thing is most of these dealers do not have a large stock of ST’s so they can hold out and they will to get people to buy them. After all its only mid 19 they can sit them on there lots till the right people come along.

I was shocked when i went to the Mountune meet and ran into a number of 17-18 owners and found out what they had paid for base models. Strip my car of options it would have been $16700. I went around with dealer prices twice in two years. In 17 you could pickup a base for $17,300 I probably would have bought a base if it was not for the fact that I wanted Smoke Storm Recaros with Orange Spice Paint.Prices for 18’s went up and it looks like prices for 19’s did as well.

The rest of the world moving on with a new model has no bearing on what happens here. We are stuck with what we have and people like you are still interested in picking them up.
I am a sucker for deals, and after seeing what people have been posting on how much they paid for Fiesta ST, I started looking for one to replace my go-around-town Fiat 500e.

The point I was making about the rest of the world with new model is that what I am trying to get was designed many years ago. I know it's a great car, but I would not get it unless I get a decent deal.

You have been great. Thank you for the great info.

By the way, how do you like your orange one? There is one 2018 orange one left in SOCal, but I am not sure about the color.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I am a sucker for deals, and after seeing what people have been posting on how much they paid for Fiesta ST, I started looking for one to replace my go-around-town Fiat 500e.

The point I was making about the rest of the world with new model is that what I am trying to get was designed many years ago. I know it's a great car, but I would not get it unless I get a decent deal.

You have been great. Thank you for the great info.

By the way, how do you like your orange one? There is one 2018 orange one left in SOCal, but I am not sure about the color.
Have you seen the Orange Spice in person? In the sun it looks great. Blue is my favorite color and I almost bought a used Performance Blue. When I first started looking in late 16 I was gonna get a Magnetic new because I did not like the Kona Blue in the California Sun it had a dark Purple hue to it.
When the Orange Spice came out for 17 I was not sure viewing it online. When I saw it in person at Galpin I was sold it looked great.

Plus Orange Spice and Molten Orange are the only two FiST colors only offered on FiST’s vs the other colors being available on regular Fiesta’s. Yup seen Kona Blue SE’s and Green Envy SE’s and Silver SE’s.

So if you want something different and new its the choice..

As far as you considering the cars to be old tech welll lol. They dominate over pretty much all cars in their class in AutoCross amd have for several years. They are far from outdated. They are more timeless. IMO

Even some people in Europe prefer the MK7.5 ( our cars ) vs the MK8 the modern 3 cylinder model. Which granted looks like it could be great but has lost some of the cars touch in exterior styling.
Front nice rear meh generic hatchback, wereas ours has a unique rear that works.
Seriously getting one of the last even for 18-19k is not bad thats pretty much 3-4k below MSRP and pretty damn close if not a bit below invoice.

Though go out grind you might get one for under 18k You will probably have to travel a distance for it though.

OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #10
Have you seen the Orange Spice in person? In the sun it looks great. Blue is my favorite color and I almost bought a used Performance Blue. When I first started looking in late 16 I was gonna get a Magnetic new because I did not like the Kona Blue in the California Sun it had a dark Purple hue to it.
When the Orange Spice came out for 17 I was not sure viewing it online. When I saw it in person at Galpin I was sold it looked great.

Plus Orange Spice and Molten Orange are the only two FiST colors only offered on FiST’s vs the other colors being available on regular Fiesta’s. Yup seen Kona Blue SE’s and Green Envy SE’s and Silver SE’s.

So if you want something different and new its the choice..

As far as you considering the cars to be old tech welll lol. They dominate over pretty much all cars in their class in AutoCross amd have for several years. They are far from outdated. They are more timeless. IMO

Even some people in Europe prefer the MK7.5 ( our cars ) vs the MK8 the modern 3 cylinder model. Which granted looks like it could be great but has lost some of the cars touch in exterior styling.
Front nice rear meh generic hatchback, wereas ours has a unique rear that works.
Seriously getting one of the last even for 18-19k is not bad thats pretty much 3-4k below MSRP and pretty damn close if not a bit below invoice.

Though go out grind you might get one for under 18k You will probably have to travel a distance for it though.

I may go and check out the orange one at Galpin, but I think I will probably go with one of other three colors. Being a sucker for deals, I probably don't want to pay the extra $600, which is a lot of money for $20,000 car.

I have three more months left with the Fiat lease, so I am just going to wait for better deals to come up. For some reason, if they sell off Fiesta by then, I guess I am going to look for something else.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I may go and check out the orange one at Galpin, but I think I will probably go with one of other three colors. Being a sucker for deals, I probably don't want to pay the extra $600, which is a lot of money for $20,000 car.

I have three more months left with the Fiat lease, so I am just going to wait for better deals to come up. For some reason, if they sell off Fiesta by then, I guess I am going to look for something else.
Have you driven one? Seriously I think you are splitting hairs her $6oo really is not that much more especially if even with that $600 the car comes in under 20k. There is such a thing as being to cheap when trying to shop a bargain. Trust me my motto is usually I won’t pay retail.

If the one at Galpin is inside under their lights it will not properly represent the color their interior lighting is terrible and does not present colors well.

Its up to you when I buy a new car I try to pick a color I want not settle for whatever just to save $600. Thats me. YMMV

Good luck!

OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #12
Have you driven one? Seriously I think you are splitting hairs her $6oo really is not that much more especially if even with that $600 the car comes in under 20k. There is such a thing as being to cheap when trying to shop a bargain. Trust me my motto is usually I won’t pay retail.

If the one at Galpin is inside under their lights it will not properly represent the color their interior lighting is terrible and does not present colors well.

Its up to you when I buy a new car I try to pick a color I want not settle for whatever just to save $600. Thats me. YMMV

Good luck!
I think choosing a color is so subjective, and that's one of the things I just don't care more or less about. Many people makes a big deal about wanting a specific color, but it's something not very important to me. In fact, I usually let my wife pick colors because I don't usually have any preference, and I think she is probably not going for the orange. For me, not paying extra $600 is a good enough "objective" reason to avoid some colors and help me narrow down the choices..

Also, this is going to be my "going around town/park anywhere" car, so I don't care for having nice options. It's a cheap car, and I want to keep it that way. I guess it's a different perspective.

And, yes, I have driven it a few times in the past.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If you really want one right now, then $3k rebate plus $1000 dealer discount on top of that is good... I got my '17 in Feb. '18 (just like you want, only back wheel/red calipers) for $18250 ($3k rebate plus $1250 dealer discount, had to take their financing) so there should easily be deals like that on '18's now, very high volume dealers will have better deals, period... If you DO wait, then there will be even better deals this summer likely.

OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #15
If you really want one right now, then $3k rebate plus $1000 dealer discount on top of that is good... I got my '17 in Feb. '18 (just like you want, only back wheel/red calipers) for $18250 ($3k rebate plus $1250 dealer discount, had to take their financing) so there should easily be deals like that on '18's now, very high volume dealers will have better deals, period... If you DO wait, then there will be even better deals this summer likely.
I agree. US Auto sales have been down in 2019, so it is likely that the dealers (and manufacturers) will be more motivated toward the end of June for the first 1/2, and the trend will continue until the end of 2019.

MSRP for a 2019 model (gray or black) w/ black wheels is $22590 for older inventory currently with $3000 rebate or $22690 for newer inventory with $2500 rebate.

Pretty much every dealer is initially quoting about $500 dealer discount for 2019, and it seems possible to get it up to $1000.

Older 2019 inventory: $22590 - $3000 rebate - $$1000 discount = $18590
Newer 2019 inventory: $23690 - $2500 rebate - $1000 discount = $19190

So far, these numbers seem to be the best I can get at this time in LA area.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I agree. US Auto sales have been down in 2019, so it is likely that the dealers (and manufacturers) will be more motivated toward the end of June for the first 1/2, and the trend will continue until the end of 2019.

MSRP for a 2019 model (gray or black) w/ black wheels is $22590 for older inventory currently with $3000 rebate or $22690 for newer inventory with $2500 rebate.

Pretty much every dealer is initially quoting about $500 dealer discount for 2019, and it seems possible to get it up to $1000.

Older 2019 inventory: $22590 - $3000 rebate - $$1000 discount = $18590
Newer 2019 inventory: $23690 - $2500 rebate - $1000 discount = $19190

So far, these numbers seem to be the best I can get at this time in LA area.
Thats about right for this region. I could have picked up a base Orange Spice 18 in 18 for $19,100 at Galpin. They tried but not hard enough to sell me one. Lol
I walked an ordered and wound up with my Recaro, Ebony wheel optiond one for $500 more lol
That is why in my case ordering worked. You seem to not care about color,or options as in no options. That in a sense makes it a different ballgame.

OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #17
Yucca Valley Ford still has three 2018 Fiesta ST's, and two of them are the exact configuration of a base w/ black wheels. However, they are still looking to sell them with only $1,000 dealer discount. No wonder why they have been sitting on their lot since Oct last year. I told them it wouldn't make sense to take 2018 over 2019 for the same price or just a few hundred dollars less.

According to KBB, the difference in trade-in value of Fiesta ST between two model years is just about $1,000 right off the lot (10 miles & excellent condition), so they should at least be giving out that much extra discount over 2019.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yucca Valley Ford still has three 2018 Fiesta ST's, and two of them are the exact configuration of a base w/ black wheels. However, they are still looking to sell them with only $1,000 dealer discount. No wonder why they have been sitting on their lot since Oct last year. I told them it wouldn't make sense to take 2018 over 2019 for the same price or just a few hundred dollars less.

According to KBB, the difference in trade-in value of Fiesta ST between two model years is just about $1,000 right off the lot (10 miles & excellent condition), so they should at least be giving out that much extra discount over 2019.
Ya it was stuff like this that lead me to ordering. Lol same with th certified pre owned the dealers would hold on to them trying to get stupid money till they got super desperate.

One thing you should know about these cars you may not have been aware of FiST’s do not have high dealer markup at this time.

They were a lot more expensive to build vs a regualr Fiesta! Body kit, suspension and engine are imported. Chassis is built in Mexico then our parts come in crates and they add them in.

Little to no dealer profit beyond Fords dealer kickback fee of $700 for every car sold.
It does not give a lot of dealers incentive to move especially when they know its the end of the line like I said earlier.
Some dealers have even stopped stocking them already.

OP
fxsts
Thread Starter #19
Ya it was stuff like this that lead me to ordering. Lol same with th certified pre owned the dealers would hold on to them trying to get stupid money till they got super desperate.

One thing you should know about these cars you may not have been aware of FiST’s do not have high dealer markup at this time.

They were a lot more expensive to build vs a regualr Fiesta! Body kit, suspension and engine are imported. Chassis is built in Mexico then our parts come in crates and they add them in.

Little to no dealer profit beyond Fords dealer kickback fee of $700 for every car sold.
It does not give a lot of dealers incentive to move especially when they know its the end of the line like I said earlier.
Some dealers have even stopped stocking them already.
The invoice is about $250 less than the MSRP, so even with the kick back, they don't have much wiggle room unless they are going after a spiff.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The invoice is about $250 less than the MSRP, so even with the kick back, they don't have much wiggle room unless they are going after a spiff.
Ya I think screwing all the spiffs together really made my guy happy, he was jiust grinning over my 5k iin disounts.
As Ford wound up paying that dealer the rebate and the private cash as well as the $700 so the dealer came out of it smelling like a Rose profit wise as dealer invoice on my car with options came out to $22933 so the dealer netted $2800 on it.