Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any suggestions for a coolant pressure test kit?

The Fiesta is testing my patience with a coolant leak that seems to put out about a teaspoon to several tablespoons while cold - then heals itself when warm.

Been looking around with the bore scope and I have a hunch where it is leaking but I can’t catch a drip.
I need a pressure tester - any suggestions?

I want to catch it in the act and get a pic or video of it. Just swapped in a new Mountune radiator and I am chasing my tail. I don’t want to call up Mountune and say “I think my new radiator is leaking”.

Thanks- Peter

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What year? Did the coolant leak start before or after you installed the radiator?

OP
C
Thread Starter #3

Leak after install.

Pretty sure it has a crack or pinhole at the weld for passenger side lower mount or shroud mount.

But I want to be 100% sure it isn’t the lower hose or the bleeder above this mess.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I take it that you are seeing these teaspoonfuls on the ground, and not somehow [dunno] measuring them at the overflow tank, correct??

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I ordered an “OEM tools” (looks like high grade Chinesium) from Summit Racing just because I know it will get here quick. Hopefully Wednesday I will know what is leaking!

I have the OEM Tools Vacuum Filler. It actually works well once you put a bit of electrical tape on the overflow port on the tank. However it will NOT pressurize the cooling system. Hope the tool you purchased was an actual pressure testing system. Any time when dealing with something made in China you need to quadruple check what the ad blurb says and cross your fingers that it was mostly correct.

I once had a radar detector for my motorcycle and the manual stated that "the alarm will go Pee Pee Pee when radar is seen". Fortunately is did not actually produce streams of a yellow liquid that smelled a bit off but it would go Beep Beep Beep when radar signals were detected, about 2 minutes AFTER the police unit running the radar was visible to plain old eyesight.

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
Okay- the leak battle continues. I put dye in it today so we’ll see if it shows itself tomorrow.

I did find a pressure tester adapter that is a direct screw on fit. OEM tools 27249R.
3C848D3D-51E1-45E8-BC1B-8053767BB524.jpeg

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Want to know weird? My Mountune rad was leaking at the bottom right side end tank. Pin hole leak that could physically be seen. I knew by the scent so I put some pressure to it and found it. It leaked for about a week before it stopped......I never fixed it or anything

That was like 30k ago