Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone able to help me out with install times for part

Hey guys
Trying out a new garage soon and wanted to know how long parts took to install

New radiator. The front bumper will already be off and so will the inter cooler
My guess 30 minutes

Turbo smart plumb back bov. The turbo will already be removed
My guess 5 minute

Upgraded rmm. The previous one was installed a year ago
My guess 10 minute

Please help as not looking to get ripped off

Thank you

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Radiator - will you have the crash bar off as well? Will coolant be drained already? I'd expect at least an hour or two if they have to finagle around the crash bar, drain the coolant, install radiator, refill and bleed coolant, then reinstall the crash bar. If the crash bar is off and coolant drained, 30 min. may be enough time but I'd expect to be quoted an hour at the bare minimum. It took me 6 hours to do on the garage floor by myself.

Don't pay someone to install the BOV if you already have the turbo out (assuming it's a stock or stock frame turbo). It's literally 3 screws and takes 5 min if you use one hand and blindfold yourself. Add another 5-10 min. to install the MAP adapter and vacuum line if it's a mechanical BOV.

RMM probably 30 min. if they've never done one before. Maybe an hour.

Don't be surprised if shops won't quote you less than 1 hour increments.

Last edited:
OP
L
Thread Starter #3
Radiator - will you have the crash bar off as well? Will coolant be drained already? I'd expect at least an hour or two if they have to finagle around the crash bar, drain the coolant, install radiator, refill and bleed coolant, then reinstall the crash bar. If the crash bar is off and coolant drained, 30 min. may be enough time but I'd expect to be quoted an hour at the bare minimum. It took me 6 hours to do on the garage floor by myself.

Don't pay someone to install the BOV if you already have the turbo out (assuming it's a stock or stock frame turbo). It's literally 3 screws and takes 5 min if you use one hand and blindfold yourself. Add another 5-10 min. to install the MAP adapter and vacuum line unless if it's a mechanical BOV.

RMM probably 30 min. if they've never done one before. Maybe an hour.

Don't be surprised if shops won't quote you less than 1 hour increments.
Thank you so much buddy
Appreciate that