Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AP deals today, who will have the best tunes for my mods included now or later?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
$450 with their tunes, two so far offering it, Mountune and FSwerks, any others going to do this?

Who is going to do a larger turbo and have a tune for it and what is the cost or will it be free?

I know no tune will be exact but a close one will help make it easier to fine tune it, I have a good data logging AF gauge to use.

My mods:
Ported manifold
3" DP and exhaust, full 3" with no reduction in size at the DP to exhaust flange, 5" 100 cell metal core cat.
Larger IC, DIY, 24x7.25x3" core with smoothed welded ends to match to the stock hoses
2" outlet from turbo pipe

Planned mods:
ATP or BG turbo, looking for a wide powerband, no or very little lag, 275 WHP or a bit more.....as long as not laggy....

Not power adders directly but help make it work on a road course:
Oil cooler in the works to control temps better
Open up grill, radiator support, etc...for more airflow to stock radiator, bigger radiator if needed

Not planned: W/M injection

Who will have the best pro tunes on todays deals?

Thanks,
Rick

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I thought so as well but if one of these vendors is going to do a bigger turbo, tune, give it as part of the deal.....then it would help dial things in much faster...I am not really a tuner, 20+ years in high end electronics, data, sometimes in rather dire circumstances, left me know wanting to spend much time on this stuff so the closer tune I can get thing either fine tune or have it done easier and less costly if have it done.

Mountune's optimized Accessport calibration "is not available for turbo upgrades and other restrictions may apply"

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys, I am just looking at longer term issues, if any of the shops are going to do this or if just wait for ATP or somebody doing the BW turbo. If not then it really does not matter as long as I can get a canned tune for now for the mods I am doing.

I just saw this today and was hoping for Superchips to offer theirs here or considered SCT, but COBB seems to be the most widely used and custom tuned of all of them. Seems like a good deal. Mine is stock and probably will be other than an intake and possibly catted dp.

From what I see, mountune will still charge you for their optimizing tune, doesn't come for free like fswerks tunes when you buy the AP from them.

From what I see, mountune will still charge you for their optimizing tune, doesn't come for free like fswerks tunes when you buy the AP from them.
Yeah...it's $149..remember it is a tune specific to your car's datalog...which you send to Mountune...so instead of an ots map, you get a tune that is only for your car/mods

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
SCT really dropped the ball with the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST...but the Cobb v3 is a great product.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I would not be supprised if ATP includes an access port file file with there turbo to get you close at least.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Where is the Mountune "Accessport"? I don't see it on their site, unless you buy the whole 215 package. And where are the maps? Admittley I don't know much about the Mountune "accessport." (for a lake of another word)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh, so they're using the Cobb AP in their package also? Is there any benefit in getting it from them then?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Oh, so they're using the Cobb AP in their package also? Is there any benefit in getting it from them then?
Right now they are offering free custom tuning in addition to the Cobb off the shelf tune..which is what FSWerk used to do. This is normally a $150 value that you get for free.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Custom as in to our cars, like the Cobb already is? Or custom as in they ask you what mods you have on your car and then send you a tune file? Something like that?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
At time of order they ask you about your down pipe stock or after market Catted or not and if you have stock or aftermarket FMIC. Think it is a one time deal with extra data logging tweaks being at extra cost if you want.