Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are you looking for + 48 whp + 55 wtq pro tuned and installed for $3147?

pwnall1337

Vendor
This post is mainly for any newbs who just got a Fiesta ST and are wondering what kind of gains they can see under a pro tune from bolt ons running a stock kp39.

I don't have the cobb intake as it doesn't exist yet, so I'm going to guestimate 10->12 whp with a supporting intercooler under protune.

Cobb Intake [$249->$299]
ATP Intercooler (450hp rated) [$699] "Get it cheaper @HP direct from Ryan"
2J Racing cat less dp and full 3" exhaust (Best sounding IMO) [$749 combined]
Cobb Access Port V3 [$500]
Shop Labor (Based on the work JMS performed) [$500]
$450 (Cobb Protune)

=== Results ===

Stock 177 whp / 220 wtq (Dyno Jet)
225 whp / 275 wtq on 93 octane. (Dyno Jet) The whp # could be slightly higher depending on temps and humidity.

That's a + 48 whp and + 55 wtq gain for $3147~ish

If you want to get crazy, throw in another $600 in labor and $1,600 for an ATP bolt on turbo and $250 for a retune and push 290-330 whp +.

From experience @ 212 whp, this car is a monster and it keeps up with Stage 1 STI's. (My friends car) V6 3.7L Mustangs get wrecked.

If you are near San Antonio, I'd recommend Jorge @ JMS racing for your tuning.
If you are near Houston I'd recommend Stephan @ Serioushp (Ask to make sure they have the Fiesta Pro tuner software)
If you are near Dallas I'd recommend cobb plano.

What mods if any does your buddies 3.7 have? Because I sold a 2013 3.7 to get my fist and mine with just 3.73 gears custom 2.5" exhaust and steeda 93perf tune ran 13.5@105. So "wrecking" a 3.7 should only be possible if he's stock an auto and doesn't know wtf he's doing? Have you run your car yet 1/4 or 1/8th? If so what did you run? Just really curious as I'd expect a modded fist as yours to hold its own against a stock 3.7 which generally run high 13 low 14s.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I just ran this Saturday for the first time at a drag strip. man I was a bit nervous also the track had not been prepped yet so launches were slick as shit. and I ran a 15.231 @ 93.16 mph against a 2011 Honda Si. I also learned that wheel hop can kick your car into limp mode lol, but thankfully the STi I ran against cooked his clutch and my limp mode turned off once the wheels stopped hopping and I gained power back. funny run.

20140511_220057[1].jpg

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #4
What mods if any does your buddies 3.7 have? Because I sold a 2013 3.7 to get my fist and mine with just 3.73 gears custom 2.5" exhaust and steeda 93perf tune ran 13.5@105. So "wrecking" a 3.7 should only be possible if he's stock an auto and doesn't know wtf he's doing? Have you run your car yet 1/4 or 1/8th? If so what did you run? Just really curious as I'd expect a modded fist as yours to hold its own against a stock 3.7 which generally run high 13 low 14s.
My buddy has a 2013 stage 1 STI, intake+tune from cobb.
The 3.7L was referring to stock, however If we consider the 2011 v6 + bama tune on jlt intake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adSx7MGTecE You're looking at around 267 rwhp and 258 rwtq. You can see gains as high as 270 whp as well. I used to have a 2013 v6 with bama + steeda and pypes and it dynoed for 275-281 rwhp on a dynojet.

Let's take the highest number though which is what my old 2013 v6 put down at 281 rwhp and compare it's 3,511 (Manual)
Now we take a 2014 Fiesta ST that's putting down numbers such as 212whp/280wtq on a stock airbox at 2,670 lbs (Manual)

The mustangs power to weight is 13.93 lbs per HP (252 whp) (Stock)
The mustangs power to weight is 13.14 lbs per HP (267 whp) (Bama 93R + JLT Intake)
The mustangs power to weight is 12.49 lbs per HP (281 whp) (Bama 93R + Steeda Intake + Pypes Catback at it's highest dyno number)
My fiesta st's power to weight is 12.59 lbs per HP (212 whp) (Mods in sig) My 280 wtq with 2.6k lbs gives me pull advantage in the 2-4k rpm range.

The 373's will provide an advantage, however the stock auto gearing is rubbish on the v6 (Fuel Economy Reasons). In the end with the cobb intake the fiesta has the advantage at (220-225 whp), however with a stock airbox like mine It's really a drivers race if we're talking about a bolt on V6 and tune. The v6 is a great car, but the body roll and suspension on it is ridiculous.

I'll have some 1/4 videos up eventually, just not right now. It's 100+ degrees in the summer and I don't feel like breaking in my clutch yet. Probably in October during test and tune nights at SA raceway I'll go back and do some runs, however the FiST will have a gtx2860rs by then :p.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Man, don't take this the wrong way. But to beat a tuned STi, even if we are fully bolted, I just don't see it happening. The new STi runs like what, a 13.2 1/4 stock? And that thing isn't exactly light. ATP's Fiesta is running a 12.9 with a big turbo.

Long story short, I'll believe it when I see the video.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #6
Man, don't take this the wrong way. But to beat a tuned STi, even if we are fully bolted, I just don't see it happening. The new STi runs like what, a 13.2 1/4 stock? And that thing isn't exactly light. ATP's Fiesta is running a 12.9 with a big turbo.

Long story short, I'll believe it when I see the video.
Collin, my words used were not accurate, it's more like, pulling my own weight. The sti does pull away, but the ST pulls hard the whole way. I'll have to setup the go pro sometime to get you this video footage you seek. We do hwy pulls almost daily. Changed my wording to, "It keeps up with stage 1 sti's"

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Collin, my words used were not accurate, it's more like, pulling my own weight. The sti does pull away, but the ST pulls hard the whole way. I'll have to setup the go pro sometime to get you this video footage you seek. We do hwy pulls almost daily. Changed my wording to, "It keeps up with stage 1 sti's"
Hmm, interested to see these videos.
I raced my buddies FoST from a dig (both stock) and I kept up till about 60 and then he just pulled away. And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm a better driver than he is.

He now has a AP and raced a an 08 STi with a number of bolt ons (untuned) and kept up but still lost from a roll.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #8
Hmm, interested to see these videos.
I raced my buddies FoST from a dig (both stock) and I kept up till about 60 and then he just pulled away. And not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm a better driver than he is.

He now has a AP and raced a an 08 STi with a number of bolt ons (untuned) and kept up but still lost from a roll.
We do runs from 30mph to 60 mph, and runs from 50 mph to 100 mph. I keep up with the STI till around 100 mph and then he starts to walk me.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
We do runs from 30mph to 60 mph, and runs from 50 mph to 100 mph. I keep up with the STI till around 100 mph and then he starts to walk me.
Cool man. Looking forward to the vids.
I haven't raced anyone since I was stock, so I'm not sure how I'd fare now.