Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Autos.ca: Fiesta ST VS FRS

I don't think Ford ever intended to go after the FRS/BRZ... but it is sure dividing people on which is best.

Another comparison by your Canadian friends eh!
Full Article:
http://www.autos.ca/car-comparisons/comparison-test-ford-fiesta-st-vs-scion-frs/

Or if you want to skip right to the end:

Conclusion:

Who's the winner? We all are! Seriously, how great is it to have two world-class machines like this priced not much more than your average compact car?

But as far as the winner of David vs. David, it's the Fiesta ST that's the favorite. It's cheaper to buy, cheaper to own, more liveable, and just as much fun to drive as the FR-S, if not more. It wags its tail so enthusiastically you can't help but want to take it home! please Ma, can I keep it?
Fiesta ST FTW [rockon]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Seems the two favorite comparison is either the FiST vs the Abarth or the FiST vs the BRZ

It bugs me when they put the Fiesta up against the BRZ, its two totally different cars.
As far as driving wheels, doors, and aspiration goes. Both share similar power figures, price figures, fun factors, i'd say both target pretty much the same market. I know I cross-shopped them and reviews like these were helpful.

I reviewed both cars in depth prior to purchasing the Fiesta ST. I look at the modification scene for the FRS and I am thankful I purchased the ST. Parts are very expensive for the FRS and the gains are not that impressive. The FRS has .4 liters more and puts out 3 more hp and way less torque. Bang for the buck, the ST blows it out of the water. If I have to ever choose between a more expensive n/a car versus an F/I car comparably equipped, I will go with the F/I hands down. I am reassured on a daily basis that I made the right call going for the ST. I test drove a Civic SI, Scion TC, Scion FRS, Mazdaspeed3, and Veloster Turbo multiple times. The very first time I sat in the Fiesta ST and test drove it, I was sold. To this day it is one of the only purchases (big ticket item) that I have ever made in my life that I have zero buyers remorse. The Fiesta ST is truly an amazing vehicle that satisfies all of my senses. If a woman was a car, I would marry my Fiesta ST.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I reviewed both cars in depth prior to purchasing the Fiesta ST. I look at the modification scene for the FRS and I am thankful I purchased the ST. Parts are very expensive for the FRS and the gains are not that impressive. The FRS has .4 liters more and puts out 3 more hp and way less torque. Bang for the buck, the ST blows it out of the water. If I have to ever choose between a more expensive n/a car versus an F/I car comparably equipped, I will go with the F/I hands down. I am reassured on a daily basis that I made the right call going for the ST. I test drove a Civic SI, Scion TC, Scion FRS, Mazdaspeed3, and Veloster Turbo multiple times. The very first time I sat in the Fiesta ST and test drove it, I was sold. To this day it is one of the only purchases (big ticket item) that I have ever made in my life that I have zero buyers remorse. The Fiesta ST is truly an amazing vehicle that satisfies all of my senses. If a woman was a car, I would marry my Fiesta ST.
I gleefully look forward to rolling up on FR-S owners. I can trounce an FR-S in every category (save for an engine swap or adding forced induction - to compete against those a turbo swap is order for it to be an apples-apples comparo) - MPG, power, torque, handling, space, passengers, fun-to-drive factor... reliability... lack of crickets... no clunky shifter like FR-S (people are complaining about our shifters should go drive an FR-S to see what shifter clunk is)... and best of all, we don't have to deal with asshole Subaru dealers that will void your warranty for having even googled performance parts. Ford Dealers, thanks to the rich Mustang aftermarket, don't seem to bat an eye at my suite of mods.

One of the reasons I got a Fiesta ST is because if I have a kid, I don't have to sell my "fun car" like all these FR-S idiots that knock up their girlfriends. "Selling my FR-S cos of some 'changes in my life'." lol it's called you forgot to wear a rubber lol meanwhile he has to go get something stupid for baby, I can just go buy my recaro baby seat and call it a day. Did I mention that even fully loaded, we're still $2k cheaper than the shittiest base FR-S?

While we do have our share of complaints, the FR-S leads us in complaints, tickets, insurance rates...
We have the better car, no question.

I cross shopped the two as well, and having owned an AE86 Corolla SR5, I found the FR-S to be significantly less fun and with a shittier interior than a 1987 Corolla. Let that sink in. The interior of the 1987 car is better. The 1987 car makes as nearly as much torque as the FR-S despite having 80-100 less HP and does it with .4 less liters than the FA20.
The FA20 is a shit engine, that's all there is to it.