Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

awd swap??????

With the rs fiesta rumored to be coming to fruition in 2017 by many respectful magazines, (road and track, car and driver); one magazine seems to think the fiesta version will not be awd due to engineering issues? The B3 platform already supports awd/4wd in the ecosport/verisa . Couldn't this drive train be swapped to a fiesta???

Call M-Sport and ask what they charge for shipping + awd with IRS swap. You may want to have a defibrillator handy. Thank sweet jesus my wife went to nursing school. If i won the lottery it would be possible but it would cost me a year's gross salary to do it.

You could put in an RB26DETT as well while you're at it. And a suspension lift. And an exoskeletal roll cage. And slap functional wings and pontoons on.

The question is: Why? Why would you invest so heavily into a sub-$25k car? At what point should you have just bought a LaFerrari, or a nice piece of property? Or purchased stock?

You could put in an RB26DETT as well while you're at it. And a suspension lift. And an exoskeletal roll cage. And slap functional wings and pontoons on.

The question is: Why? Why would you invest so heavily into a sub-$25k car? At what point should you have just bought a LaFerrari, or a nice piece of property? Or purchased stock?
Because it is different and unconventional. Few things would be cooler than a GRC FiST with tags. I would do it just to do it. Ive had people say im an idiot for wanting to do something like that but the idea of destroying just about any car in a Fiesta makes my trouser snake get restless lol. Screw nice, luxury, and comfort...i want noise, flames, and general discomfort and a visceral feeling when im in my car.

anything is possible with enough money.

just don't be shocked when you get a 6 figure bill.

TheStig

anything is possible with enough money.

just don't be shocked when you get a 6 figure bill.
This.

Nothing is impossible with endless funding. But is it smart, that is another thing entirely.

Once youve spent that much you could probably buy a retired rally car.

Because it is different and unconventional. Few things would be cooler than a GRC FiST with tags. I would do it just to do it. Ive had people say im an idiot for wanting to do something like that but the idea of destroying just about any car in a Fiesta makes my trouser snake get restless lol. Screw nice, luxury, and comfort...i want noise, flames, and general discomfort and a visceral feeling when im in my car.
I understand the novelty of the idea, but I refuse to agree with that type of logic. The last time I thought like that, I was probably 17 and had invested around $4000 into the stereo system in my four door 1994 Cavalier. There's just no end purpose to spending $100k to modify a brand new $20k car.

As said above, if you want a rally homologation special go buy a retired one and enjoy.

Unless you are capable of doing all the custom fabbing required, buy a Porsche 911 Turbo, Nissan GTR or similar car, far cheaper and will likely drive better and be way cheaper. Enjoy the Fiesta for what it is, a cheap, fun, "bang for the buck' car

I understand the novelty of the idea, but I refuse to agree with that type of logic. The last time I thought like that, I was probably 17 and had invested around $4000 into the stereo system in my four door 1994 Cavalier. There's just no end purpose to spending $100k to modify a brand new $20k car.

As said above, if you want a rally homologation special go buy a retired one and enjoy.
[werd] [werd] Shoutout to all of us who spent $5000 in mods on our $4000 cars and came out the other side smarter.

it's your money, do what you want with it. i would hope at least if you do plan on building, you try to do a lot of it yourself vs paying someone and picking parts you want. gain some skills during the process.

don't forget to post the build thread ;)

OP
S
Thread Starter #13
yeah... so the question was part hypothetical and part because moding stuff is cool , and it leads to aftermarket support and new performance models of cars like .... i dunno an st fiesta. you see the drive train ALREADY exists on b3 (fiesta platform) in other countries, Google s-max ecosport etc. so couldn't it technically be installed with no hiccups.

and... i also had put an expensive stereo in a shitty car ...... IT SOUNDED GREAT!!!

OP
S
Thread Starter #14
exactly!! and btw if broken svt likes nissan ... why's he on here ,no offence or anything!

While agree with the others who are saying "it's silly, don't do it." I also tend to lean to an engineering side of things and I have an appreciation for the unique. With that being said, I suppose the easiest way to go about this would be to get your hands on the transfere case and differentials from the awd Ford Taurus. Then fabricate your driveshafts, make the electronics all work, because your speedo will more than likely need to be recalibrated, and then fire it up and take her for a spin. The car will gain a couple hundred pounds in the process, but in return, you'll have astounding grip. With a full bolt-on car and still probably weighing in at right around 3000 lbs, my guess is you'd have a sub-5 second 0-60 time.

But this is just looking at it from an engineering perspective. Costs could get driven up significantly with some of the custom fabrication.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
this article says that the block team is not the first performance AWD mustang and that the mentioned 65s are; but i disagree, although the 65s shown may be AWD convert, were they really a "performance Mustang"? i think not. probably just a stock stang with AWD. Block's team Mustang is definitely a performance monster.

just a thought.

And i know the world loves to find any excuse to take away something from another person just make a story. This example to me is not going to cut it.

Very cool to see original AWD stang though [driving]