Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AY1Z-2001-E Vs AY1Z-2001-D which are the performance pads?

Stkid93

Premium Account
I can’t seem to find a general consensus on this.

there are tons of posts that say the E pads are the performance pads with the summer tires and there are tons of posts that say the exact opposite (stating that the D pads are the performance pads)

Does anyone know for sure which part number is for the performance pads? I don’t think I can trust a ford dealer to know. I have read some stuff about Tasca parts but never used them myself. I don’t care about the brake dust.

the parts numbers above are the original ford

the motorcraft part numbers are BF1494 for the AY1Z-2001-D

and BF 1492 for the AY1Z-2001-E I think?

Pretty sure that’s right

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Yea I came across that but someone said he ordered the E pads from tasca, and they were definitely not the performance pads. It seems that every other vendor has the performance pads listed as the D pads. Which seems to back up the post.

I was hoping for someone who has ordered the pads before and knows 100% which is which. I’ll have to do some more research.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I went on rock auto to buy them.
IMG_1085.png
I believe that the performance pads are the ones with the hearts by them. Those are the ones that I use and I can confirm that they’re dusty as heck

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
So I got my car checked out today and I need rotors and pads on all 4 corners after 23k. I get ford used performance pads but this is crazy. I also need 4 new tires after 23k too. And I don’t even drive crazy. How ford was able to get away with selling a car that needed all 4 tires, Rotors and pads replaced every 20k miles? That’s 2 grand worth of parts. Anyways The shop quoted me between 800-1000 for parts and labor. 800 for autozone parts and 1000 for oem parts.

If I bring my own parts they wanna charge me 4 hours labor. Which is crazy they can have all 4 corners done in 2 hours. So imma shop around. the pads on rock auto are half the price as fords quote. Ford wanted 100 for the front pads, and about the same for the back. and 100 dollars per rotor. So 400 for all 4 rotors and 200 for the pads.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
You have the performance pads or regulars?

I will say I live in a big crazy sit with tons of lights and stop signs. And idiots driving causing me to slam my brakes cause they wanted to pull out of the McDonald’s parking lot 2 seconds sooner. But, I’ve lived here for a while and I have never had this problem with my previous cars. I had my speed 3 for 100k miles and all I had to do was the front brakes 1 time in that car.

Fusion Works

The OE performance tire will definitely not have optimum performance or life at 20K miles. They were a "140" treadwear.

The Fiesta also uses the brakes to help the car turn, that will add a bit of extra wear to the pads.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I got my car checked out today and I need rotors and pads on all 4 corners after 23k. I get ford used performance pads but this is crazy. I also need 4 new tires after 23k too. And I don’t even drive crazy. How ford was able to get away with selling a car that needed all 4 tires, Rotors and pads replaced every 20k miles? That’s 2 grand worth of parts. Anyways The shop quoted me between 800-1000 for parts and labor. 800 for autozone parts and 1000 for oem parts.

If I bring my own parts they wanna charge me 4 hours labor. Which is crazy they can have all 4 corners done in 2 hours. So imma shop around. the pads on rock auto are half the price as fords quote. Ford wanted 100 for the front pads, and about the same for the back. and 100 dollars per rotor. So 400 for all 4 rotors and 200 for the pads.
I got less than 20k from my last set of tires and my brake pads are due to be changed at 22k. Those are normal intervals for me. With the amount I drive that means I do brakes and tires once a year, which doesn’t seem bad to me. I’m normally wanting to try new tires anyway. Also, you can save a bunch for money by doing the brakes yourself.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
You have the performance pads or regulars?

I will say I live in a big crazy sit with tons of lights and stop signs. And idiots driving causing me to slam my brakes cause they wanted to pull out of the McDonald’s parking lot 2 seconds sooner. But, I’ve lived here for a while and I have never had this problem with my previous cars. I had my speed 3 for 100k miles and all I had to do was the front brakes 1 time in that car.
Performance pads. I guess big city commuting could be a lot harder on brakes.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
In any case I priced everything out on rock auto and it’s $250 for everything instead of $600 from ford. And rock auto claims it’s oem motor craft.

now I just gotta figure out installation. If I could get them installed for $200 bucks or so that would be fine. But 400-500 just for installation is way too much for breaks in my opinion. If I had a driveway and the tools I could theoretically do them myself.

maybe I’ll see if anyone on here is willing to help me and let me use their driveway for a couple hundred bucks. Although I think I managed to unintentionally annoy some people by starting too many threads so I’m not sure if people like me enough to help me out.

I don't know if it's something common in your neck of wood but you can check if there are diy garages where you can rent post lifts and tools by the hour.