Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Barber Motorsports Park, Nov 20th Come on out

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ll be at this one. Just driving and no working!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Seven to eight our drive from my location; plus the $350 entry fee.

Interesting read...
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...104779215/JZTD+Rules+and+Regulations+2021.pdf
1696648478445.png
1696648814498.png

The "point to pass" is particularly interesting. One more thing that discourages me from participating in track events is the "swipe to pass" attitude that the more competitive types have. I'm just there to have fun, not trade paint; or worse for the motorcycle. The "point to pass" sounds like an interesting solution.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Seven to eight our drive from my location; plus the $350 entry fee.

Interesting read...
https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...104779215/JZTD+Rules+and+Regulations+2021.pdf
View attachment 58319
View attachment 58320

The "point to pass" is particularly interesting. One more thing that discourages me from participating in track events is the "swipe to pass" attitude that the more competitive types have. I'm just there to have fun, not trade paint; or worse for the motorcycle. The "point to pass" sounds like an interesting solution.
Point to pass is super common in these types of events

OP
Fusion Works

Fusion Works

Thread Starter #6
There are multiple run groups with different levels of passing. Most groups limit passing on the straights only with a point by or at least on the straights only.

I don't like that, because I am stuck until the straight waiting to get around someone that is going slow, like New Balance owners. HAHA. Plus have road raced and done TT for a couple of decades, I am completely comfortable with people all up in my business, so the "advanced" group that allows for passing anywhere is fine with me. I usually walk around the paddock and talk to my fellow drivers (in the group) and let them know they can pass anywhere and it won't bother me. Situational awareness is important.

It all boils down to being comfortable on track and comfortable with other cars around you. Get out there and have fun.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
don't like that, because I am stuck until the straight
Yeah I can definitely understand that. The only strength for some of the drivers and vehicles are their handling through the corners so take that away and... fun killer. The corners are a major major part of the fun; especially for the two wheeled variety of vehicle.

BTW... 😃
1696710918875.png