Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Battery monitoring system

Hello everyone, I just replaced the original battery in my 2016 Fiesta ST. I know on most Ford vehicles they need a battery monitoring reset. Does anyone know if this needs to be done? And if so do you have the steps to do it? Thanks!

SrsBsns

Hello everyone, I just replaced the original battery in my 2016 Fiesta ST. I know on most Ford vehicles they need a battery monitoring reset. Does anyone know if this needs to be done? And if so do you have the steps to do it? Thanks!
I replaced the original battery on my '15 about a month ago and didn't do anything at all besides swapping the battery. I don't think you need to do anything else.

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a BMS reset procedure. I followed the steps in this video, and it worked with my Fiesta.

---> Turn the ignition on, but don't start the engine

---> Turn the headlights on

---> Pull the high beam stalk five times in a row (not by blipping it - you must fully engage it making sure the blue high beam indicator is turning on and off)

---> Depress the brake pedal three times in a row

---> Finally, watch the battery indicator blink three times indicating that the BMS successfully has been reset.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
For those doing the battery monitoring system reset, once you've done it the battery / charging system warning light on the dash is supposed to blink and then go out. Here's a picture of it so people will know where it is and what it looks like. These warning lights come on briefly on startup and then turn off after about a second. PXL_20240222_174501873.jpg